Somewhere in Heaven, 72 Virginians are delivering a most Righteous Asskicking...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kataphractos

Reaction score
...To that coward of a cave rat, Osama bin Laden

Yep. Confirmed that he is dead.

Man...I'm at a loss of what to say as I think back on the last ten years...I've spent a good hour or so trying to think of the words, but all I can really muster is that with his death, it's practically the end of an age (at least to this 26 year old forumer). One can only hope that al Qaeda will start to hemorrhage.

nice title,

although how did they confirm that it was really him? Other than his crazy beard, maybe by finger printing or something, but I don't know how much of record we actually have on him such as physical traits and his DNA and such,
I would hate to find out tomorrow that it was just some other guy with a crazy beard

but anyways they said the army wouldn't be able to function if they allowed gays in,

i know it's pretty much unrelated, but I just want to point out, that it seems that the army is doing just as well :)

although unfortunately al queda has become an idea and you can't kill an idea, I hope this will help to dissolve the extremists group, but I know some people will seem osama as a martry now might inspire them more and I'm sure theres a next in line for the head of al queada

sorry for the buzz kill

but no it's good that we finnially obtained some justice and help to get rid of some extremist hate in the world

It's all a crock anyways. Everything causing problems for us in the Middle East today, was built up by us during the Cold War era when the CIA funded the mujahideen to fight off the Soviets. And any news we get anymore is whatever the propaganda machine or News Corp. wants us to hear, because investigative journalism is long dead and sold out.

And it doesn't matter if he's dead. Someone will just take his place. It's not really even a noteworthy event.

He's just a puppet figurehead anyway, if our president died would the united states crumble? I think not, infact would the states become stronger? Think about it, this isn't necessarily good news.

As much as I hate to 'ditto' people when I have no noteworthy thing to add to the statement I concur with, I agree with Brian on this.

Brian said:
It's all a crock anyways. Everything causing problems for us in the Middle East today, was built up by us during the Cold War era when the CIA funded the mujahideen to fight off the Soviets. And any news we get anymore is whatever the propaganda machine or News Corp. wants us to hear, because investigative journalism is long dead and sold out.

And it doesn't matter if he's dead. Someone will just take his place. It's not really even a noteworthy event.

And David Shameron wants to arm rebels in Libya...

I agree with evanscenefan too. Too many people expect this to be the beginning of the end, on one forum someone said "we've cut the head off the snake and now we just need to remove the body" it's not that simple. I doubt much will change.

Yea, I've made a point today to explain to people that while I feel relieved he's gone, I'm certainly not feeling prideful or celebratory.

Wow people, why so Debbie Downer-y? Of course al Qaeda isn't going to instantly go up in a puff of smoke with bin Laden's death and the war on terror most certainly isn't over, that's pretty obvious. But even so...not even a small, "hooray we got him"?

It's all a crock anyways. Everything causing problems for us in the Middle East today, was built up by us during the Cold War era when the CIA funded the mujahideen to fight off the Soviets.
I've been aware of this for years. It's the same story for various other countries we've armed/sold weapons to/staged coups in in the last century.

if our president died would the united states crumble? I think not, infact would the states become stronger?
Unless practically the entire line of succession was taken out, how could they? I understand the analogy you're drawing, but you're comparing a stable, organized government to a very decentralized organization made of independent cells that, arguably, have little connection with each other.

Think about it, this isn't necessarily good news.
The head of al Qaeda is dead. Will he be succeeded? Sure. Will bin Laden's successor(s) have the same charisma and ability to direct the organization's activities? That remains to be seen.

And because Obama says so:
228794_818561055215_29408541_40215722_3398229_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back