Songs that are NOT about being in love?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unsubtle

Reaction score
(Deep breath) I'm new here, and am not really up with forum etiquette, so I hope it's alright I jump on in and post a question.

I broke up with my husband a year ago (huh, exactly a year ago today! :) )
One thing I found hard was listening to the radio. Even now, every song seems to be about being in love, or falling in love... Is that all there is to sing about?
I can handle listening to most love songs now, but back then it was AWFUL - hearing how happy everyone else seemed to be while my world was crashing down around me.

So, I would like to know, from our collective pool of vast knowledge, what songs can you think of are catchy, modern and don't deal with love?
At the moment all I can think of are older songs, like 'Surfin' Safari' by the Beach Boys and a fave of mine, 'There is no depression in New Zealand' by Blam Blam Blam.

Owl City has quite a few songs that are not about being in love.
You could also give the song in my signature a try. It's pretty awesome.

Hi
I broke up with my husband 9 months ago and still trying to get used to my new and lonely life... I can exactly understand how you feel about love songs.... But what is worse for me is love movies... Trying to stay away from them... Whatching only comedies, animations or even cartoons:)
About songs...mmmm...Michael Jackson has lots of songs without love... Smooth criminal, Bad, Off the wall, Scream, They don't care about us, Heal the world, Man in the mirror are the ones I can remember now.

Firework by Katy perry
Empire state of mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
Speed of sound by coldplay
Californication by Red Hot chilly peppers
Its my life by Bon Jovi
Just say yes by the Cure
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
There are lots really, those are te ones that come to my mind right now

Dead soul tribe - some things you cant return
Within temptation -ice queen
Tool - vicarious
a perfect circle - Gravity
12 stones- a world so cold

tulipan said:
Hi
I broke up with my husband 9 months ago and still trying to get used to my new and lonely life... I can exactly understand how you feel about love songs.... But what is worse for me is love movies... Trying to stay away from them... Whatching only comedies, animations or even cartoons:)
About songs...mmmm...Michael Jackson has lots of songs without love... Smooth criminal, Bad, Off the wall, Scream, They don't care about us, Heal the world, Man in the mirror are the ones I can remember now.

Yeah, movies were almost impossible to watch, as there seem to be love stories in all of them, even the comedies. I ended up watching a lot of stand-up comedians DVD's instead.

This is a great list of music so far! I should hunt some of these down and lay off the radio.

lot's of evanescnece, call me when you're sober, lithium, imaginary snow white queen, everybody's fool,

seether fresia it, last resort by papa roach, look into some good metal or hard rock and you'll find a lot of that good stuff

:)

btw I'm really sorry about your break up
*hugs*

I don't know if the stuff I listen to is "catchy, modern" but plenty of the stuff I listen to is not love music. In fact, most of the stuff I listen to is mellow, and not at all modern... but it isn't love music lol

I love this song live: [video=youtube]

Raise Your Glass by P!nk, actually she has a few songs, U & Ur Hand, ******* Perfect, So What, Don't Let Me Get Me, Stupid Girls

Coldplay-Fix you
[youtube]jBEYyHGbwto[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back