Special Places

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locke

Reaction score
Years ago, when I was a little younger and a lot happier, I used to have this place I would go to, just to get away from it all. It was this little valley surrounded by hills that was about a hour long hike outside of the city. It could have been private land or something, I don't know and probably wouldn't have cared, but no one else ever went there. It was inhabited by dozens of roadrunners. I don't know if everyone is familiar with these little birds, but y'know, like in the Bugs Bunny cartoons, only a lot scarier looking.

They're more than scary looking; they look primal, like if they were just a little bit bigger, they'd eat you. But they never bothered me. Sometimes they would come right up to me and just stare at me. It freaked me out the first time it happened, but after a while the fear went away, and I was able to admire these little birds, going about their little birdie lives.

Anyway, I'll try and remember if I had a point to this story:

I would go to this secret little Roadrunner Valley when I was upset and wanted to be alone. The irony is agonizing, since I'm always alone now and quite often upset because I'm alone. But that valley always used to make me feel better. Sometimes I'd take a book with me and read for half the day, sometimes I only had time to hike there and back, but it always made me feel better. I kind of miss it.

So does anyone else have a place like this, where they like to go and just chill out for a while?

Hi Locke.:)

Good to meet you.

I know exactly what you mean. There's a huge grassy field that leads up to a mountainous peak with trees and rocks on the way up. Quite often I head up to the grassy hill and sit up against the tree with the Bible and read away.

It's my opinion that these places aren't only relaxing, but therapeutic. Everyone should have such a place. There is just something very special that you feel in your heart when you are there. Very special.

LoneKiller said:
Hi Locke.:)

Good to meet you.

I know exactly what you mean. There's a huge grassy field that leads up to a mountainous peak with trees and rocks on the way up. Quite often I head up to the grassy hill and sit up against the tree with the Bible and read away.

It's my opinion that these places aren't only relaxing, but therapeutic. Everyone should have such a place. There is just something very special that you feel in your heart when you are there. Very special.

Good to meet you too, LoneKiller!

That sounds very beautiful. I agree, places like that are therapeutic. In a way, I feel like it was a reflection of who I was back then; I was kind of bold and fearless, like those Roadrunners, but the landscape made me feel at peace.

About 20 minutes of cycling away from my home there is a river where a pond goes over to the other side. The other side is a national park. I would frequently sit on a bench where the pond went to the national park, so on the side of my home so to speak. This was quite recently, i stopped doing it when snow came here, and the wind is annoying too, and because i generally felt better i suppose. I do miss that place, i intend to go there again tuesday.

You could just sit there watch the trees on the other side, watch the wind influence the course of the water, listen to the water splashing against the land, watch the reed be denied standing up by the wind. Sit there with headphones on, occasionally a car coming to wait for the pond, but you're not bothering, just sitting there, watching, thinking, no one bothered me either, they went along their daily business.

I don't know i could sit there and just.. i don't know.. just truly.. live.

Hi Locke! Welcome to the board. :)

I like to go for walks by the ocean. I've always enjoyed nature and found it a great place to be alone.

I need big trees, the bigger the better, I always make sure when I move that there are some in the vicinity, and no traffic

Latest posts

Back