Splitting the bill on the first date

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I don't hang out with women who do this, but I have heard guys complain about it.

How did they know that the women just saw it as free meals?

I like going half on dates. As a girl, I don't want to feel like I owe someone anything, or give the impression that I'm just looking for someone to pay for my meals. When we know each other a little bit better, then we can take turns paying (i.e. for dinner, drinks, movies, etc).

I've also been the one to ask people out.

Solivagant said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I don't hang out with women who do this, but I have heard guys complain about it.

How did they know that the women just saw it as free meals?

Yeah, I wonder. Maybe by the way they keep asking for food or keep asking them out for meals and having the men pay?

It happens but usually with younger women who don't have much money. My friend is dating this girl who is 22, and he's 44. Besides the fact that the age difference is kind of disturbing he complains that he's taken her out to dinner ten times and also to two Broadway shows and she still refuses to kiss him or even hold hands with him.

I told him he's probably wasting his time with her if he wants a relationship.

theglasscell said:
It happens but usually with younger women who don't have much money. My friend is dating this girl who is 22, and he's 44. Besides the fact that the age difference is kind of disturbing he complains that he's taken her out to dinner ten times and also to two Broadway shows and she still refuses to kiss him or even hold hands with him.

I told him he's probably wasting his time with her if he wants a relationship.

OR...ever think about the other side of that coin? Maybe SHE thinks he just wants her because she's young and she's testing him to see if that's all he wants. Ten dates, maybe that's ten weeks... maybe she doesn't feel two and a half months is long enough to be kissing and holding hands? No one knows what's in someone else's head - it's all presumptions.

It could be that way. I'm sure I'll find out eventually. He never stops talking about it.

Latest posts

Back