strange eats :p

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EveWasFramed

What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?

I'd have to say....turtle. *gags* LOL, I was young and didn't know any better. :p It tasted like fish. And chicken. lol

ahh man fluff is that tru?

i hope you at least got paid fr it

umm calimari or fried squid

EveWasFramed said:
What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?

I'd have to say....turtle. ..... It tasted like fish. And chicken. lol

So it is pretty much like frog?

In the Keys i would see turtle soup a lot but never tried it. Their fondness for conchs didn't appeal to me either. Many of the water critters seem to have a fish like taste.

EveWasFramed said:
Naval_Fluff said:
A catepillar. The big squishy kind

*barfs*How'd you get past all the fur?:p

No idea. I was hyped up on sugar :p

evanescencefan91 said:
ahh man fluff is that tru?

i hope you at least got paid fr it

umm calimari or fried squid

Yes, it's true, and no, I didn't get paid for it...I should have though, didn't think to ask :p

Minus said:
So it is pretty much like frog?

In the Keys i would see turtle soup a lot but never tried it. Their fondness for conchs didn't appeal to me either. Many of the water critters seem to have a fish like taste.

eeeeewwwwww, frog! :p

I had two delicacies from some rural Japanese prefecture courtesy of my students.

One was bee larvae marinated in a soy sauce base of some sort and the other was crickets also marinated in that sauce. All I could taste was the sauce, really, although the crickets were crunchy.

The WORST thing I've ever had was sült (or headcheese) when I was in Estonia. If it's true that laws are like sausages and that it's better not to see them being made, then that goes double for sült. I saw and smelled it being made. I'd go back to Korea and eat bosintang before eating sült ever again.

Now blood sausages on the other hand, were yummy.

EveWasFramed said:

You aren't originally from your area, are you?

My brother's friend's dad likes okra. I was over their house one day, and he pulled the jar out of the fridge and gave me one. It was awful. :< And his wife explained to me how it gets slimy when cooked. :< There's a reason why my mom never bothered with it ever. Now I know why. :<

VanillaCreme said:
My brother's friend's dad likes okra. I was over their house one day, and he pulled the jar out of the fridge and gave me one. It was awful. :< And his wife explained to me how it gets slimy when cooked. :< There's a reason why my mom never bothered with it ever. Now I know why. :<

The tinned ones are slimy and disgusting, but the fresh ones arent. My mother used to make fresh okra bhaji, and it's yummy :D

Make? How did she make them? I thought they were little slimy vegetables? The taste of them... it's just weird. :s

Minus said:
EveWasFramed said:

You aren't originally from your area, are you?

lol, nope. :p

VanillaCreme said:

That's why you only eat it if it's breaded and FRIED! :p lol

EveWasFramed said:
That's why you only eat it if it's breaded and FRIED! :p lol

It makes a good thickener and is only as slimy as prickly pear leaves which in turn work well in chili.

I've had okra, it was steamed. Never seen the slimy kind.

The strangest thing I've tried to eat is a snail, I spat it out because I couldn't swallow and the idea was too gross for me to actually go through with it.

Picked okra is also non-slimy. I think okra only turns into that disgusting viscous mess when it's boiled.

cheaptrickfan said:
Picked okra is also non-slimy. I think okra only turns into that disgusting viscous mess when it's boiled.

I would have thought that samba steaming could have turned it slimy but apparently not.

Okra is still not my favorite vegetable. I won't eat gumbo if there's okra in it.

Latest posts

Back