Stuck in the cornfields of Illinois

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme65

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Steve and I just joined this group about 5 mins. ago.

I am 44yo (probably old among this group) and am currently unemplyed. I got my master's degree and worked at a college for 12 years and am scared about the future.

I've lived here in Champaign, IL since age 5. there are not too many people my age here - mostly college kids. Not only do I have no friends, but I have no job prospects, have no partner and haven't had one since 5 years ago, and just filed for (gulp) personal bankruptcy.I feel terrible about myself. Irresponsible, depressed, anxious, you name it. I'm on an antidepressant and on anti-anxiety medication, too, which don't seem to be helping at all. I don't know whare to turn. I have no friends to talk to about this and feel so isolated.

any words of wisdom or any one wh;d like to know me better can definitely post here - I would definitely appreciate it, since I'm at the end of my rope.

Thanks for reading,

Steve

Take the slow road to recovery - financially, personally, mentally and emotionally. Try to take things one day at a time - that's all anyone can do really.
lol, there are quite a few people here on the forum who are older than err...let's just say older than 30, :D myself included, so don't feel like you're alone in that age group. There are a lot of nice folks here (of all ages) so I'm sure you will get plenty of advice and encouragement.

Welcome to the forum, Steve. :)

HOLY CRAP. Now we have 3 STEVES!!! How are we going to tell each other apart? @_@ lol

Welcome to the site, Steve. ;)

----Steve

Let's see. We'll call me "Steve # 1" since I was here first. The rest of you "Steve's" can work your numbers out amongst yourselves! :p

Welcome aboard, Justme65 (Steve)! Eve is right; both about the long and lonely road of personal recovery, and about the quantity of good and helpful folks you'll find on this forum.

Again, welcome, and good luck!

Well another Steve is always welcome. :)

Hey there. I'm also over 40 and at a major life crossroads. Eve is right about taking things slowly. I know how overwhelming it is when so many areas of your life seem to have fallen apart. The best you can do is tackle them one or two at a time.

Remember, even the small successes are a victory.

Welcome, Steve. ((((justme65))))

nerdygirl said:

nerdy, I got sooo excited when I saw your name associated with a post that started with "stuck in the cornfields" as it's title. Subtle, and yet relevant if it were a story about some backdoor exploration during the down time on the farm. Jot this down, it's good material ;)

welcome,

i can definitely relate to a lot of what you are going through.

stay awhile...:)

HI BABY LOVE!!! Steve happens to be my very best friend in this whole world.... we live hundreds of miles apart... but have maintained a great friendship nonetheless. Steve is a WONDERFUL, KIND, INTELLIGENT, and AMAZING man, I am glad you joined, and I hope you find the solace I have found here. There are so many great people here.

love you. xxoo

Latest posts

Back