Stupid me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathedral

Reaction score
More than a year ago, I was sitting in my apartment, suffering from a lot of depression and loneliness. Wasn't able to concentrate on anything productive. Just screwed up in the head. (I am 6 feet, 2 inches tall. And I weighed 215 lbs.) I went to a mental health clinic for treatment. They started to prescribe me meds. Innocently enough, I was prescribed a low dose of Adderall. I felt a high while taking that. But that wasn't enough. So my dosage of Adderall was upped and I was prescribed Zoloft. I have went through several different medications, like Abilify, Vyvanse, and Celexa. None of them helped me.

Today, I am sitting in my apartment, still suffering from depression and loneliness. Taking Serequel XR, Concerta, and Welbutrin daily. A few days ago, I put myself through three days of voluntary inpatient treatment at the mental health clinic. Didn't help me one bit. I just wanted to get out of there almost as soon as I came in because I couldn't have my cell phone and MP3 player and all of the other patients were junkies. I'm not a junkie. I knew it wouldn't help me before I went.

And get this, I weigh over 350 pounds now! I have gained more than 100 pounds in several months ever since I started taking these ******* pharmaceutical pieces of honeysuckle! I feel even worse than I was last year! I have given up on social interaction. I have given up on getting out unless I needed to buy groceries. And I'm about to give up on my future.

My biological parents didn't bother to raise me or even give me to someone who could. I was emotionally abused. I never got the help I needed, especially for my high functioning autism and ADHD that I was diagnosed with. Until the age of 17, I was just cooped up in some shitty old house in a remote place, 5 miles from a small town not worth a honeysuckle. The rest of the family just lied to me over and over again and never bothered to help out worth a ****. I was just set up to look like a spoiled brat, when I needed real parents to raise me and get me help to cope with the symptoms of autism. To keep me in school. To keep me on the right path.

Now look at me. Living on SSI which only pays $675 a month. In an apartment which costs 500 dollars, including utilities. I feel betrayed by everyone. I shouldn't be living alone, on my own! I was put out of the foster home I was in, I wasn't ready for independent living. I have special needs which will never be met. I'm mentally broken inside. I can't even properly interact with anyone on the Internet! Not that I ever was able to.

I never took any illegal drugs, I don't drink (I did drink moderately for a few months, but I quit that because I didn't like it), but who cares?!? Most junkies are way better off than I am! I almost feel like crying, even though I haven't cried in a few years. (actually, I cried once while I was in the inpatient unit, several days ago... alone!)

Before I ever got on these pharmaceutical drugs, I swore to myself that I would never take them. I was right all along! Gaining 100 pounds in less than a year! I was always a big eater. I could have ate fast food three times a day, every day, and not gain weight even half that fast!

More than one year ago, before the antidepressants and ADHD medications, I was better off! Better off than I am today! Not much more, but just saying.

Let me get this statement out:

Do not ever take any pharmaceutical drugs for your mental health! You will regret it!

I wish cannabis was legalized in the USA, but it never will be, because it's nothing but a bureaucratic and cultural wasteland resulting from corporate strongholds over the government and the sheer ignorance and stupidity of its citizens! A country who elected George Walker Bush TWICE and elected Obama is NOT a country worth living in!

that's not entirely fair. Yea, he clearly has misplaced anger, but the overall theme sounded like a well intentioned warning about the side effects of perscription medication. Granted it sounded like he was just eating junkfood and the pills kicked his metabolisms ass, but at least he didn't have this new problem to feel bad about, which can't be very good for his overall state of mind.

I have no intention of giving my child drugs to treat him. Except as a LAST resort, which I don't think will come.

As far as the cannabis goes, there are studies that say it helps autism. You may want to check into medical marijuana.

I admit, I found medication to be unhelpful in my own case and was able to recover through social means rather than pharmaceutical. I generally agree to avoid pills, although I believe ADHD can be reliably treated with medication. However, my attention span has improved almost as much with a healthier and controlled diet focusing on omega-3 and antioxidants, without any side effects.

Medication treats the symptoms, sometimes with side effects. I feel it has its place, but counseling is more important. As for you, I think you might need Prozac.

Just chiming in to say, to whomever it may mean something , that other countries, at least where I live, are much less pill crazy than at least the US. We don't do pills here unless you are diagnosed with a very dramatic disorder.

Tennessee is not one of the states where medical marijuana is legal.

VanillaCreme, I'm sorry, but I think you're just extremely ignorant. The fact that you just came in and just said that I'm just ungrateful without explaining anything and that thing you said about GTA IV in your quote proves it.

If the drugs prescribed to me to treat my depression have destroyed my once-great metabolism, then I'm really screwed. The pharmaceutical industry is probably the most crooked aspect of the USA, seeing as how they have the MOST to lose if cannabis becomes legal.

Oh and if this post gets edited at all, then I'm leaving this place, no questions asked. I was told some questionable things about ALL's mods by someone who got banned after reacting to someone who kept on harassing her. I will not reveal any names. And she is not interested in coming back.

Hi Cathedral,
I don't think you're screwed. You sound very insightful and intelligent. Your past doesn't define you.
I don't know if cannabis is the solution to your current problems but I think you're going to be fine, cannabis or no cannabis. I agree that medications are way overprescribed in this country and the fact that prescription medications can be advertised on t.v. is completely ridiculous. I did take Zoloft after my daughter was born after crying everyday for about 2-3 months (we both cried a lot then :) )and it was very difficult to take care of her properly. The zoloft did help.
I live in California, seemingly the world capital of medical marijuana. Anyone can get it here. There are over 75 pot dispensaries in my county alone. (I'm against medical marijuana but that's another thread for another day)

Teresa

Cathedral said:
VanillaCreme, I'm sorry, but I think you're just extremely ignorant. The fact that you just came in and just said that I'm just ungrateful without explaining anything and that thing you said about GTA IV in your quote proves it.

One, what you said is proof enough of what I said. And two, GTA IV is a game... The fact that you take anything said about seriously, made me laugh.

Oh, and none of the mods ever harassed anyone. If you want to try and attack us, you're more than welcome to PM us about it.

Cathedral said:
Tennessee is not one of the states where medical marijuana is legal.

There are many homeopathic and other methods of treatment for Asperger's and ADHD out there. I don't know how much research you've done on it, but it might be worth of look if you haven't.

Regardless of what happened in the past and your experiences with the drugs tho, you CAN surpass it and get better.

Latest posts

Back