Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My family all put money together and got me a elliptical excercise machine friday. Today I had a wonderful 3 hour session. Since Nov. I have also lost 12lbs without exercising. I'm soooooo excited, cuase this is the first time in a long time I see my weightloss as a possibility. Will report on how I'm doing, have a lot of weight I need too loose, about 60lbs to go.

I'm a fan of basic exercising. I'd like to get to the gym level at some point but for now I do the following:

squats - lunges - butt kicks - bent leg presses - butt lifts

pushups - dumbbell flies - curls

crunches

run

Hey there,,,its fantastic post,,,thanks for nice information in this post...I like it...".After gaining a lot of weight from overeating because of loneliness three years ago, I have since lost the weight, and what really inspired me was hearing others' stories and sharing my own experiences on weight loss forums etc.".........

Im eating once a day now and im thinking of vomiting.
fresia it, im too angry at my life to even do a diet... its hard to explain really.

Working out helps me to relax actually. I'm usually in my head most of the time. There are also times i feel unable to turn off this thinking except when i run. Last time i ran for an hour and all i listened to was the music on my mp3player. I was thinking about NOTHING!!!!
That was so good and i felt much more alive after that. I'm just happy about having my sports-thing, i would go nuts without it lol.

The way I got so fit (I'm fit but I aint super strong) was just going and going intill I was sick. Was you are sick then you know you have put 100percent effort in, and that will really help. Effort and time whilst running, walking, and just genrally pushing your self to the limits. A lot of circuit training really boosts your cardio (sp). Healthy eating, now that's just a balanced diet. Everything you eat can eventually be un healthy if you have to much of it, even fruit and veg. Just keep in mind to get the caloried you need and not to have as much fat as the GDA actually claims. Other people are different though.

Um, I dunno if it already got mentioned, but I love to hula hoop/hoop dance to help stay fit. I think it's important to find fun exercises, so you're less likely to quit and hooping is fun and you can learn tricks. I'm trying to learn to hoop whilst standing on one leg at the moment.

You can get weighted/exercise hoops. It's hard at first if you're an adult to re-learn how to hoop, but it's worth it if you ask me. :3

martinfoster said:
2.exercise: pick up some exercise that you can perform easily. What happens in depression is that your muscles get stiff, by exercising you bring flexibility to your muscles and they gain more strength. Some doctors say that walking, cycling and swimming are the best exercises that can help you reduce stress. These exercises affect all your body parts and you feel more relaxed.

4.Socializing: this is another great way to help you get rid of a depressing situation. All you need to do is go to a club and make new friends. They can be your gym partners or you neighbors. Talk to them and share as much as you can, this will help to forget everything and you will fell refreshed. It is possible to get rid of depression so it is important that you follow the above steps with consistency. You can even contact a doctor for more suggestions and tips.

Exercise has done nothing for my depression. In fact it has made me more depressed it’s an environment that makes someone like me feel low and out of place.

And I don’t know what country your from but in the UK you are unlikely to make a friend at the gym. No one speaks to me or anyone else unless they already know each other. And your neighbours will barely give you the time of day over here let alone go to the gym with you! People are very mean of spirit over here.

And for gods sake don’t go to our doctor for gym advice if you live in the uk! They will be annoyed and of no help whatsoever.

I've been weightlifting for about 6 months now and I have to say i'm glad I did. Makes me feel great, it's good for me, it gets me attention :D and It's a good hobby.
What's annoying me recently though is that my town gym is quite a poor place to workout if you want to be a serious weightlifter, all there is is:
Cardio
4 Treadmills
2 Elipticals
3 Cycling Machines

Weights
1 Shoulder Press
1 Chest Press
1 Lat Machine
1 Abdominal Crunch Machine
1 Weight Bench
and Dumbells from 2KG to 28KG

I want a better gym :(

I am not able to suggest some thing because i am very new in the field of training and gym..
At this time, i feel the guideline from a professional trainer..

laaal said:
I am not able to suggest some thing because i am very new in the field of training and gym..
At this time, i feel the guideline from a professional trainer..
Thanks for comment..
(*link removed*)

so I don't need to lose weight. My resting heart rate is consistently below 50, so I don't think I need to worry about the health of my heart. I love to ride my bike do pilates, lift weights, swim, yoga, hike.

It was Mine said:
Hi

Well i'm 5'10 and 198 lbs, after four weeks of following this book

http://www.bookofmuscle.com/uof/bookofmuscle/

I am now about 190 lbs. It gives you a routine, tells you what it does etc. i recommend this book to everyone i got it at chapters. Physically, i'm tired, but it's getting easier and easier. My work has a gym so i go there. But joining a gym is easy too, if your like me and little nervous about that just remember "You are Everything...They are nothing!"

As for dieting...lets say i'm terrible at it ha ha but am still seeing results. nothing huge and major but slow and progressive. Only thing i did change, I eat oatmeal every morning and love it actually, keeps me full untill break where i have a granola bar and coffee. than at lunch i eat some rice or a sandwich. I'm a guy who likes his food. so i developed a habbit of eating everything in small bites and ridiculously slow. It's actually helping me to eat less.

Excersize is key so I don't recommend load of diets or going hungry, remember it's a life style change you need, not a temporary solution. I'm still in the beginning of a better life style but i already feel better. and again, that book was a huge help! i recommend it

Hello
How are you?

I also like to be fit and healthy.
And in today's working environment, everyone is so busy that taking time out for exercise becomes difficult.
So is there any workout, we can do at home?
And i like what you have said about eating slow n in small bites.
I think that can help.
I'll start doing that from today onwards.

Thanks
Bacati

Latest posts

Back