Suicidal? Can I have 5 minutes of your time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this before. I can't say it helped me, but I really appreciated it. Thanks :)

Wow alonewanderer, this article was GREAT. I wholeheartedly agree that suicidalness occurs when coping resources are overwhelmed.

Thank you for this article. You might even want to consider posting this in the Essential Articles Section of the forum. It's that good. :)

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain."

If that were always true, I'd have to kill myself whenever I ran out of drugs...

Suicide is not expected; it happens when one has lost all hope and pain is not worth suffering through.

"The spirit of a man will sustain him through all infirmities, but a wounded spirit who can bear?" Proverbs 18:14

My approach for dealing with suicide is not to focus on the issue, but on what remains in life that might be worth living for.
A suicide hotline will never be anything more then that, neither will an article, but a real friend, a real lover, a real job, real hope. That will save.
What a suicidal person is looking for, more then anything, is something real and worthwhile.

You can't really focus on the issue, because nobody knows the issue better then the suicidal person. The I've been in your shoes approach tends to make things worse. Misery loves company, but we all die alone...

Consider now, what is your purpose, and what is worth living for, and maybe we won't even get to this point...

nice article!
nice easy transition in a new perspective to suicide...

it kinda changes the mind off the idea of doing suicide by learning about and solution to suicide.

if it were a documentary id watch it... but im not much of a reader.... lol

Latest posts

Back