Suicidal Posts on Facebook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a great idea, of course years ago a few months before my separation I did post something on facebook. I was stupid and just upset and even though it was just a thought or being very emotional I think it would help those who might not have a lot of friends on their facebook who wouldn't see it. In my case someone saw it which was my neighbor and then told my wife, so people easily knew that something wasn't right.

Also, love the snow picture :) It's cold here but I love snow and love it when it's snowing like that. Of course, I will wish for it and then regret it when we get 3 feet of it which happened to me years ago. I wanted snow and then the next thing you know we got a blizzard, so careful what you wish for kind of thing.

Godzilla73 said:
I think it is a great idea, of course years ago a few months before my separation I did post something on facebook. I was stupid and just upset and even though it was just a thought or being very emotional I think it would help those who might not have a lot of friends on their facebook who wouldn't see it. In my case someone saw it which was my neighbor and then told my wife, so people easily knew that something wasn't right.

Also, love the snow picture :) It's cold here but I love snow and love it when it's snowing like that. Of course, I will wish for it and then regret it when we get 3 feet of it which happened to me years ago. I wanted snow and then the next thing you know we got a blizzard, so careful what you wish for kind of thing.
Thanks, Godzilla -- never thought I would ever write that out, lol--
I have not posted anything like that on facebook, but I did do things that do get me into a bit of hot water with others, especially lately.
My feelings for snow are always changing--lately I just want to go out and get lost in the snow.

wallflower79 said:
Godzilla73 said:

Thanks, Godzilla -- never thought I would ever write that out, lol--
I have not posted anything like that on facebook, but I did do things that do get me into a bit of hot water with others, especially lately.
My feelings for snow are always changing--lately I just want to go out and get lost in the snow.

I spent seven years lost in the snow. It messed my nose up.

The world seems to be regressing back into the womb with some technologies.
People need to be allowed to try to stand on their own and make decisions for themselves.

People require time to process and understand at their own pace. This kind of solution might appear helpful but really it's ignoring cause to keep pace with the worlds growing ignorance.

I think it would bring a lot of unwelcome attention and interference in peoples lives.
Many people use social media as a way to express themselves. Misunderstanding would be no more.

Something everyone should be taught - What is a life that is not your own? The answer is in the question.

TheRealCallie said:
So I guess those that really do kill themselves didn't have enough time to "process"? Yeah, sometimes people need to intervene to save someone from something like that.

Time to process goes hand in hand with understanding.

I agree to 'sometimes people need to intervene'. Some people are born with difficulties and others created and developed to extremes over their lifetime, and I am sure there are more reasons.

My way of thinking of this is to deal with the source of the problem instead of picking at the edges.

If people get to this stage would it not be better to empower them to choose to think in ways that will really help them. How about providing a suicidal person with helpful advice and sources to get help?

More than above -
Why are people getting to a suicidal mindset at all?
How have they been failed in their environment (the people around them) to be with horrible thoughts?
What needs to be changed/ fixed/ resolved to prevent people from getting to this stage?

To me this solution to deal with suicidal posts on facebook is only another passive aggressive solution that merely decreases statistics to improve company reputation.
It does no real benefit for the person with the issue.

We have known for a long time that facebook hasn't really done anything to prevent minors on its site as well as corruption of many types.
For years I have reported people who openly and illegally sell drugs many times over only to see them reappear on the site.
I have seen and reported posts where people have their heads cut from their bodies, are burnt alive, are physically beaten and tortured.
I have seen and reported posts where people are verbally attacking and destroying each other.

What was really done to resolve these problems and why do they still exist?

All social media sites are the same but they are not the root cause of many of the problems they face.

Latest posts

Back