sure is ... damp ... out today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Just_Some_Dude

ground was warm,

air was cold,

all the earth was foggy!

i think spring is on the way!

Hmm....the chips and squacks of flocks of robins and other birds have been keeping me awake all winter. I could have done with a real winter, with some snow. But as the whole world now knows, there's no winter here in Vancouver.

This winter has been cold enough for me goddamit!!!

soph,

i think the male robin has a brighter breast area!

(not to start any male v. female debates though)

i'm sure the female is much smarter! :D :D :D

Hadrurus said:

I'm jealous! I live on top of a mountain and I got less that one cm of snow this winter! (Okay, so it's only 400m up and we call it "the hill," but still.) Usually the roads close for at least a couple of days and there's some lovely peace and quiet.

But perhaps I wouldn't love the snow so much if I'd wintered on the east coast. :p

The trouble with March and April (in this part of the country sometimes even May, for God's sake) is that as soon as it starts to warm up and give us all the hope of spring at last, we get one last ***** of a blizzard, and it's always a big'un and we lose trees and power lines.

That's not pessimism talking, that's experience. :p

Vaea said:
Hadrurus said:

I'm jealous! I live on top of a mountain and I got less that one cm of snow this winter! (Okay, so it's only 400m up and we call it "the hill," but still.) Usually the roads close for at least a couple of days and there's some lovely peace and quiet.

Holy cow! I still have a good 24 inches of snow in my yard.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
snow, clouds, rain, dampness.. lol

the tinder dry heat waves are begining to subside here a little.. no rain for months.. :p

We're at like the antipodes from each other. lol

We never, ever get dry, baking heat where I am. I'd have to climb inside a brick oven for that.

cheaptrickfan said:
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
snow, clouds, rain, dampness.. lol

the tinder dry heat waves are begining to subside here a little.. no rain for months.. :p

We never, ever get dry, baking heat where I am. I'd have to climb inside a brick oven for that.

wood-oven-CTF-pizza, cripsy on all sides. mmmm..

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
cheaptrickfan said:

wood-oven-CTF-pizza, cripsy on all sides. mmmm..

lol I burn to a crisp pretty quickly, being one of those pale-looking cave-dwellers.

...but now I want pizza.

Vaea said:
Hadrurus said:

But perhaps I wouldn't love the snow so much if I'd wintered on the east coast. :p

Snow? No way lol. I live in South FL, but the winter this year got down to the 30's. That's not that cold for a lot of people here, but to me it is!

I'd like to see snow though. I was able to see it once, but it had already fallen and the sky was clear.

Hadrurus said:
Vaea said:
Hadrurus said:

Snow? No way lol. I live in South FL, but the winter this year got down to the 30's. That's not that cold for a lot of people here, but to me it is!

I'd like to see snow though. I was able to see it once, but it had already fallen and the sky was clear.

Oh my God, HA! I was expecting to hear that you were in Michigan or Minnesota or even Iowa. lol

But Florida? hee

You're right though, "cold" and "hot" are relative. I visited a friend in Florida one April and nearly died at the heat and humidity and he said, "No way, this is "nice" weather."

Completely clear, sun shining, slightly cool breeze...it's actually a damned fine day here in Kansas. :D

----Steve

I. HATE. Freaking. Chicago.

I hate snow, I hate the cold, I hate the wet, and I hate hate hate beyond any reasonable measure the awful, miserable and depressing season with the name of winter!

I'm like a banana! I need sunshine, and warmth, and cute little monkeys! I am secretly a happy yellow color beneath my wind-bitten cheeks and my straightjacket-like coat.

Bleh.

Latest posts

Back