Thank God for lonely women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A new life

Reaction score
Thank God for lonely women.
Perhaps someday I'll meet one who won't say (pick one):
"I'm not looking for a boyfriend"
"It's complicated"
"I just got out of a bad relationship............."
"Can't we just be friends?"
"You're such a nice man"
"I wish I had met you when............"
"I don't date people I work with"
"I need some time to just be me (all the while eyeing some other guy over my shoulder)"
"I don't have time for a man in my life right now"

BORROWED FROM KAMYA
"You are like a brother to me."
"You are really caring."
''I don't date.''
"I don't want to hurt you."
"I don't want to get hurt."
"You will find someone that is right for you."
"I like you but you're too good to be true."
"You're my best friend"

Please feel free to add to my list.
I'd love to hear it.

Hmmmm do i sense some pessimism? But really maybe it's the type of women you are attracted to that is gone so wrong.

From the above statements I wouldn't really classify said women as lonely. In fact they seem quite happy and occupied not being with someone. :)

"You are like a brother to me."
"You are really caring."
''I don't date.''
"I don't want to hurt you."
"I don't want to get hurt."
"You will find someone that is right for you."
"I like you but you're too good to be true."
"You're my best friend!" Followed by "The perfect boyfriend is like a best friend" Followed by rejection plus(a bunch of compliments on why you are awesome) plus "I don't want to lose you as a friend."
"I give everyone a chance." 10 minutes later she instantly rejects some random guy
"I have a height requirement and you're about 3 inches too short." (not me but said to one of my friends)

This one is a guy quote. At the time I was dating a black woman. My friend decides to inform me that he would never date a black girl. My friend is shy, quiet, and I don't really know if he has ever been with a woman or not. I call him shallow. He says, "I'm not shallow, I would just never date a black chick. That's just preference it doesn't mean I'm shallow." Later on I tell him he should ask out this really nice girl that we know. His response, "I can't she's black." *facepalm* I've known him for 10 years and this is his only flaw. But **** what a flaw to have. (Actually, I've seen the same thing said by a few guys in chat. You need to grow the fresia up and stop being ridiculous.)

Hahaha, I opened this thinking it was going to be predatory statements, all you've got to do is make sure there is mutual attraction involved first. Don't beat around the bush if you think they are sexy, just say it....then follow it your ,"ooh you're so sexy" *bite lip* look.

Awkward silence?

Lather it on like butter

/winning

I would do that if I was trying to pick up some random chicks I guess =P. Lather it on like butter :)

"I like you but you're too good to be true." lmao
What the heck does that even mean? Seriously?!

That has nothing to do with a woman being lonely.
It has everything to do with a woman not wanting to date you

Don't get them twisted.

/won

Doubt The Rabbit said:

Don't get them twisted.

/won

Ya think?

I fail to see how that has to do with us being lonely. I'm not lonely, but that doesn't mean that I have to date everyone who shows interest. And vice versa.... Just because a woman IS lonely, doesn't mean she HAS to date you or anyone else to show interest. Lonely doesn't mean settle for anything. You have to like someone too in order to want to be with them, or give them a try.

With that being said, I will now quote my dear Rabbit (goo) because she can say things that I just can't seem to in a way with words that I like more just because she said it.

Well... Here ya go:

Doubt The Rabbit said:

Don't get them twisted.

/won

My favourite recent one is - I'm having problems with an ex-boyfriend and I don't want to drag you into such a mess. Had that one twice in 7 days!

Last year was the curse of - I've got a boyfriend!

Honestly I didn't even pay much attention to the thread name and followed what I saw in the first post.

But yes, mine were all ways that people get rejected. Nothing to do with loneliness. It has everything to do with not being honest about the reasons for rejecting someone.

To be fair he did say he wants to find one that doesn't say: xyz. Basically he wants to find someone that won't reject him. Not such an outrageous thing to wish for.
He didn't say his quotes had anything to do with lonely women other than that he wants to find one that doesn't say that to him. He wasn't really generalizing lonely women.

Firstly, how do you know for certain that every one has been a complete lie?

Secondly, surely it's better to be rejected outright than to be led or used?

Thirdly, surely they are kind ways of being rejected? What do you want to be told- that you're ugly or your personality is shite?

I dunno, I don't act like a friend towards women I'm attracted to, totally ruins sexy time.

Tickle fights in bed? hell no
Emotions? wtf no thanks
Conversations? ....
Kindness towards any living creature? @_@;

Only a couple of people are privy to seeing me be human, no way I'd ever reveal any "nice" qualities in front of a potential mate. Actually I try to avoid any questions also, words are just words, if they're truly interested they'll be around to find out. Here's a tip also, don't ever bring up their past relationships especially their most recent ex, ffs whenever people do that it makes me want to facetigerpalm. IF you MUST then make sure you limit their answer to 1 or 2 sentences then move on.

LucieMay said:
Firstly, how do you know for certain that every one has been a complete lie?

Secondly, surely it's better to be rejected outright than to be led or used?

Thirdly, surely they are kind ways of being rejected? What do you want to be told- that you're ugly or your personality is shite?
1. Because it usually is a lie and he person usually hooks up with other people the next day.

2. Yes, just be honest about the reasons.

3. No they are excuses to cover up the real reasons. Yes I do want to be told a real reason why I'm being rejected. Of course its not required, but it would be a decent thing to do.

I've only been outright rejected a few times. They were usually honest about it and it sucked but meh, it's not a big deal.

Wanderer you do make some good points, but some people want more than just sexy time. If all I wanted was sex then it would make my life a lot easier. It's a pretty backwards concept that you have to sleep with someone before developing anything else with them.

Ah, there is the problem with the women that are attracted to me, seems like we do everything backwards compared to a normal healthy relationship. Also sexy time for me is any time spent together as long as they know I'm attracted to them, sigh...nothing ever works for me though and things tend to go wrong.

If I don't have sex with them early on there's a chance that they have a "fresia buddy", that takes care of their sexual urges. While I do respect people's personal decisions, I don't have to accept them, I'd rather not have someone humping a girlfriend candidate of mine.

alonewanderer said:
Hahaha, I opened this thinking it was going to be predatory statements, all you've got to do it make sure there is mutual attraction involved first. Don't beat around the bush of you think they are sexy, just say it....then follow it your "ooh you're so sexy" *bite lip* look.

Awkward silence?

Lather it on like butter

/winning

Replace sexy with the word beautiful and you have a nice line. If only you could say it and mean it too. *sigh*

So here's a question. Is it better to ask people if they're joking/ being sarcastic, or to just look at people funny and then say nothing at all?

Latest posts

Back