That Just Happened to me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this thread..

Today I went to Steak N Shake with 3 of my friends. Our waitress took our orders as usual, however she seemed pretty happy for 2 am. She was smiling and talking a lot.... Talking a lot to.. me. It made me uncomfortable. I thought to myself, "Why is she standing around here?". I thought, "Why is she talking to me so much?".

I was really anxious- I just wanted to leave immediately. She mentioned a party that a bunch of people were invited to and was asking me questions about random things. Somehow I managed to play it cool and was able to talk with her and make her laugh. I tried to wrap up the conversation, but she just kept talking and smiling.

Eventually I was able to pay and leave without too much trouble. I headed to my friend's house and thought about the past 30 minutes or so. I thought, "Was she flirting?". It really seemed like she was. It was hard to believe. I thought, "That's never happened before. Well maybe it has. Maybe I've never noticed it before."

I briefly spoke to my friend about it and he thought that she was flirting pretty obviously. It's hard to believe, but I guess it can happen. This disconnection I feel from everything must only be me. Nobody else must be able to sense it. Apparently I can exist in the love world just like everybody else. It's scary, but feels good at the same time. :)

Yea, that was flirting. It's not so hard to smile, even if you're not flirting back.

Jesse said:
I wasn't sure where to post this thread..

Today I went to Steak N Shake with 3 of my friends. Our waitress took our orders as usual, however she seemed pretty happy for 2 am. She was smiling and talking a lot.... Talking a lot to.. me. It made me uncomfortable. I thought to myself, "Why is she standing around here?". I thought, "Why is she talking to me so much?".

I was really anxious- I just wanted to leave immediately. She mentioned a party that a bunch of people were invited to and was asking me questions about random things. Somehow I managed to play it cool and was able to talk with her and make her laugh. I tried to wrap up the conversation, but she just kept talking and smiling.

Eventually I was able to pay and leave without too much trouble. I headed to my friend's house and thought about the past 30 minutes or so. I thought, "Was she flirting?". It really seemed like she was. It was hard to believe. I thought, "That's never happened before. Well maybe it has. Maybe I've never noticed it before."

I briefly spoke to my friend about it and he thought that she was flirting pretty obviously. It's hard to believe, but I guess it can happen. This disconnection I feel from everything must only be me. Nobody else must be able to sense it. Apparently I can exist in the love world just like everybody else. It's scary, but feels good at the same time. :)

You get a high five from me, If you like cougars then by all means go for it. Just remember she's older and know how to make her money, but cougars now how to party also.

^^^What the fresia? Lol when did Jesse mention that the waitress was older than he? I don't see any mention of a cougar at all.

lol stop projecting, Wandering Stranger. :p

Lol. I think i am just like you in regards to flirting... i would never ever know when a girl is flirting with me.

This disconnection I feel from everything must only be me. Nobody else must be able to sense it. Apparently I can exist in the love world just like everybody else.

Hahaha its not only you, its me too atleast anyway. :p

Haha! I'm happy for you! :)

I can't really tell either. It's just so weird how some of my friends who are girls will just come off as knowing that other girls are flirting. I just see whatever they do as an innocent friendly act but these friends of mine will reassure me that that girl is flirting. Somehow "girls know" xD

I got all confused by the cougar comment... anyway, yep. Flirting, or really really eager for a big tip. I'd go with flirting. If you were attracted to her, you should go back. Ask how the party was, have a chat.

Badjedidude said:
... Lol when did Jesse mention that the waitress was older than he? ...

That is what i was wondering too. Thought maybe i had missed what Jesse was getting at.

Minus said:
Badjedidude said:
... Lol when did Jesse mention that the waitress was older than he? ...

That is what i was wondering too. Thought maybe i had missed what Jesse was getting at.

I thought I missed something too. I read it about 5 times, and still don't see where it says she was older.

Do what makes you happy Jesse. If you want to start dating you could ask her to hang out with you sometime. If not, you could let it pass.

'tis up to you. But it does sound like she took an interest in you! :D

ShybutHi said:
Lol. I think i am just like you in regards to flirting... i would never ever know when a girl is flirting with me.

Hahaha its not only you, its me too atleast anyway. :p

I think you just have to believe that they CAN flirt with you. If you believe in yourself maybe you'll start noticing. :)

She looked like she was about my age lol. She was not a cougar, though I do like older women. ;) I thought she was a nice woman, but I'm not interested in dating right now. It is a step forward for me to start understanding social things though. :cool:

You might not want to date, but I think you should still go back and ask how the party was. Seems like a nice way to gently practice flirting back. You don't HAVE to go out with somebody just because you flirt with her.

Latest posts

Back