The Christmas Card Project

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Drifter

Reaction score
So that difficult time of year is almost upon us and I’ve realised that what bugs me the most isn’t the lack of family, friends, expensive gifts or even chestnuts roasting over an open fire. What bugs me is that I like writing Christmas cards but I don’t have anyone to send them to hence this request:

Would anyone like a Christmas card?

And I mean a genuine through the post card, heck I’ll even throw in a postcard so you can see what part of the world the card came from. Anyone and everyone are welcome whether we’ve spoken before or not, location isn’t a problem since cards cost next to nothing to post and if I can reach out and say hi to someone then I’m a happy man.

If anyone is interested please PM me your address and the first ten or so will all get a card (I’ll extend the number if I still have time). Don’t panic about stalking, I hate having to leave the house to go to the supermarket so there will be no out of the blue visits from me on your doorstep and all I ask in return is that you let me know if the card has arrived or not so I know it isn’t lost in the post somewhere.

So yeah, if anyone wants a card/postcard then let me know, I know what its like to be stuck on your lonesome during the festive season and thought it would be nice to know that someone, somewhere wants to say hello.

If you're outside the UK I'll need your address by November 25th. Inside UK is good until Deccember 10th, any later and the cards may not get there in time! :)

Lost Drifter, I thought this is a very sweet gesture that you're initiating! :)

So I wondered, would you like a Christmas card? :)

Oh that’s a nice offer but I’d much rather spread the happiness if I can. I’ve had a few more addresses so thank you all for restoring my faith in humanity, the first batch of cards will be sent out the 20th November :)

I think this is a really sweet project you're working on. :shy: I'm glad that you're able to send out cards to some of us and bring yourself happiness as well.
Wanna send a card to a bunny? :D

Of course I’ll send you a card, you don’t need to ask, no-one does, just PM me your postage address and one will be on the way to you. Everyone is welcome :)

A very selfless and kind thing to do - you definitely have the Christmas spirit! :D

Awww i had a similar idea and you beat me to it!! xD
I was searching around to see if anyone had ever posted something like a craft swap.. I love making my christmas cards from scratch and wanted to see if anyone wanted to do a card swap, like, everyone who wanted to take part post a message on the thread, then everyone is paired up and they send eachother a card, whether it's a bought or hand-made one, and in turn you might have made yourself a penpal or new friend.

Really lovely idea honey, well done you for reaching out to people :) I'[ll have to rethink whether to go ahead with my idea now! xD

Shameless bump :p

While MissyEchelon’s similar idea seems to have taken off more than this one I still have a load of spare cards to send if anyone, anywhere wants one.

PM me addresses by Tuesday as I want to get everything in the post by Thursday please.

Lost Drifter - thank you for this thread and thinking of others while you have so much happening in your own life.

As you have mentioned such in another thread I find this gesture even more touching.

Latest posts

Back