The Dangers Of Working With Children These Days (Very Serious Thread)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am a single father of a pre-teen girl.

it saddens me that i can not allow my daughter to have a sleepover.

i would NEVER have any minor children (especially young girls) in my home.

this would be different if i were married or a woman.

the stigma would not be there.

i would NEVER hurt a child.

but i simply can not risk it.

this is the prejudice that i live under as a man (because i was born with external plumbing)/

That's really bad guys.

Is like being presumed guilty just for carrying a dick...

I am a man (technically) and Im a nurse. Im scared working with kids and woman because like people have said if someone say's something even if Im innocent Im still going to be left with the stigma.

Ugh, no. I'm not for or against men's rights. I'm actually more for human rights overall.

I just find it appalling that a man can walk into a children's place of play, and instantly everyone is on guard. Yet the same wouldn't happen if a woman did (and if the man was the father, and the woman was a child molester.)

I was called a pedophile for taking my 12 year old niece to a library meetup group. It was done almost casually by one of the older librarians. Now, I saw her earlier today, and she gave me a snooty "I don't like you" look, but I don't like her, either. She is a *****; I don't care if she cares about kids. I care about kids, too, and would never molest one. Sorry, woman, but you are a snotnosed *****! (Plus, I just had surgery 3 days ago, and was in pain, so all I wanted were a few library DVDs to watch while I recuperated. I don't have anybody to get them out on my card for me, plus the library forbids it, so I had to do it myself.)

In this pedo obsessed culture, we see sickos behind every corner. Which is preposterous. The amount of pedophiles in the world hasn't increased in the last 100 years, we just see more and more cases because of the news and technology.

I've been on the side of being falsely blamed by a girl, who told everyone i touched her. I was 18 and she was 15 at the time, that means i was just old enough to be blamed by. Now this is more a rape blame then pedo stuff, but still I have been going through hell because of this little *****. Who apparently found pleasure out of blaming me for such bs, I would never rape someone (I would not even have the guts) and I have no interests in young girls whatsoever. I can't thank my family enough for always trusting my word over hers, but still around that (and especially her friends) still see me as some rapist. They also find it fun to scream such things when i would meet them on the streets, it hurts believe me it hurts.

I feel bad for the people who really are abused, but believe me their around some messed up kids on this world who can destroy you in no time.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Ugh, no. I'm not for or against men's rights. I'm actually more for human rights overall.

I just find it appalling that a man can walk into a children's place of play, and instantly everyone is on guard. Yet the same wouldn't happen if a woman did (and if the man was the father, and the woman was a child molester.)

I was called a pedophile for taking my 12 year old niece to a library meetup group. It was done almost casually by one of the older librarians. Now, I saw her earlier today, and she gave me a snooty "I don't like you" look, but I don't like her, either. She is a *****; I don't care if she cares about kids. I care about kids, too, and would never molest one. Sorry, woman, but you are a snotnosed *****! (Plus, I just had surgery 3 days ago, and was in pain, so all I wanted were a few library DVDs to watch while I recuperated. I don't have anybody to get them out on my card for me, plus the library forbids it, so I had to do it myself.)

In this pedo obsessed culture, we see sickos behind every corner. Which is preposterous. The amount of pedophiles in the world hasn't increased in the last 100 years, we just see more and more cases because of the news and technology.

in addition to that, many many women both molest and hurt/kill their children and the children of others.

violence and sickness is not exclusive to one gender.

Haha, no no no no no. I was offered a position to work with the cadets at the base here. When they asked if I wanted to, my response was "That depends, am I allowed to hit them with my car? They look like lined up bowling pins when they cross the street"

They never asked me again. Let some other guy take the molestation risk.

On a more serious note I don't like kids, and I fear that part of this dislike was something hammered into my head by myself as a way to make sure I never go near them. I have two nephews, one a toddler and the other an infant. I hold them awkwardly and make strange faces while keeping them at arms length when they are handed to me, till eventually the parent notices and takes them away for fear of them being dropped. :)

There's only a danger working with children if the person with the children present one. However, I completely feel sorry for the dangers that are assumed for any particular instance - and I'm just going to use Trent's example for the lack of my own. It's sad that people would even think that. But that was actually the reason I was not allowed to stay overnight at my godparents' house for a long time. When my mom told my godfather that she didn't trust him to be around me without supervision, it broke his heart. I understand why she did that though, and it was to protect me. She didn't even want the risk or the thought to even pop up. Which is why I understand what Trent is saying.

Latest posts

Back