The End of the World

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GioRocket

Reaction score
Tomorrow, the world ends, apparently. I'm quite looking forward to it, I read that the world will end or that a portal to a new world will open and the atmosphere from this portal will change the human condition and possibly give us all superpowers.

Now I get to be disappointed in two ways when neither of them happens...

I Heard 11 minutes past 11, I don't know if that's am or pm or which time zone but hey, you can't be too specific about such an insignificant event as worldwide Armageddon.

honeysuckle.

I'd better go see The Hobbit before everything comes crashing down. :O

I'd be all for it. Hope we could at least get a short and exciting post-apocalyptic existence though. I don't want it to just be 'over' in the blink of an eye. I want to exist for some period of time knowing that I can tell my boss to suck it and tell the utility company to bite me. I would go out and have a blast. Do some high-speed lawn jobs through people's yards. Blow up some mailboxes. Eat hotwings for every meal. Etc.

Oh My God! I almost forgot about this; I am so going out and doing something incredibly stupid.

bodafuko said:
I'd be all for it. Hope we could at least get a short and exciting post-apocalyptic existence though. I don't want it to just be 'over' in the blink of an eye. I want to exist for some period of time knowing that I can tell my boss to suck it and tell the utility company to bite me. I would go out and have a blast. Do some high-speed lawn jobs through people's yards. Blow up some mailboxes. Eat hotwings for every meal. Etc.

For a post apocalyptic universe isn't all that stuff quite tame?

If it was me I would become the leader of an animal colony or get it on with some hot alien chick, like Captain Kirk

But that's just me...

GioRocket said:
bodafuko said:

For a post apocalyptic universe isn't all that stuff quite tame?

If it was me I would become the leader of an animal colony or get it on with some hot alien chick, like Captain Kirk

But that's just me...

I'm easily entertained. :p

If you have the ability to lead an animal colony or get it on with some hot alien chick... why wait until the end of the world?

Anyone seen Melancholia, by Lars von Trier?

Its set to the backdrop of the end of the world, its really really good. My recommendation for this evening if you're disappointed the world hasn't blown up.

Well it's D-Day and I have to say the weather here in Northern New Jersey is really crazy, like hurricane crazy. I didn't even know it was suppose to rain today. I fear the worst.

The Good Citizen said:

Its set to the backdrop of the end of the world, its really really good. My recommendation for this evening if you're disappointed the world hasn't blown up.

Really? I thought that movie, while visually beautiful, was incredibly boring. What I did like that came out at the same time was Another World (2011) [edit: I mean Another Earth].

Strange how movies with similar themes always seem to come out at the same time.

JasonM said:
Well it's D-Day and I have to say the weather here in Northern New Jersey is really crazy, like hurricane crazy. I didn't even know it was suppose to rain today. I fear the worst.

The Good Citizen said:

Really? I thought that movie, while visually beautiful, was incredibly boring. What I did like that came out at the same time was Another World (2011).

Strange how movies with similar themes always seem to come out at the same time.

Oh I enjoyed it and yeah it is beautifully shot.

Thought you meant Another Earth but I see there was one called Another World too so thats three then! Another Earth was a really good Indie film about a replica or Earth appearing in our Sloar System, really enjoyed that too.

The Good Citizen said:
JasonM said:

The Good Citizen said:

Really? I thought that movie, while visually beautiful, was incredibly boring. What I did like that came out at the same time was Another World (2011).

Thought you meant Another Earth but I see there was one called Another World too so thats three then! Another Earth was a really good Indie film about a replica or Earth appearing in our Sloar System, really enjoyed that too.

Hmm I woke up at 11:11 and I don't think the world has ended yet. Although... Maybe me waking up was the end of the world? Or it has already ended and aliens have taken our brains to simulate that things are still normal.

I haven't seen Another Earth, but the trailer looks good. Maybe I'll get back to that tonight if the day turns out to be a disappointment :D

True, Melancholia wasn't exactly thrilling, but I guess that matched their feeling of awaiting and dreading its arrival. The aesthetic qualities made it worth watching for me anyway, and Kirsten Dunst's character too. A friend of mine said the film was so depressing. I didn't really think so, is that just me being immune to apocalyptic movies?

The Good Citizen said:

Another Earth, ya that's the one. You are suppose to know what I mean, not what I say. ;)

Lua said:
The Good Citizen said:
JasonM said:

The Good Citizen said:

Hmm I woke up at 11:11 and I don't think the world has ended yet. Although... Maybe me waking up was the end of the world? Or it has already ended and aliens have taken our brains to simulate that things are still normal.

I haven't seen Another Earth, but the trailer looks good. Maybe I'll get back to that tonight if the day turns out to be a disappointment :D

True, Melancholia wasn't exactly thrilling, but I guess that matched their feeling of awaiting and dreading its arrival. The aesthetic qualities made it worth watching for me anyway, and Kirsten Dunst's character too. A friend of mine said the film was so depressing. I didn't really think so, is that just me being immune to apocalyptic movies?

Yeah Melancholia, I suppose with the feeling of the film and her acceptance of her fate as inevitable even in the last moments, it was a worthy attempt for me at trying to convey the true feeling of Melancholia. You could feel it setting on the film, a sense of looming as the doomsday world approached in the sky.

Definitely a slow burner but I did get caught up in it.

Yeah Another Earth is worth watching Lua, it’s much more a redemptive film. Not about the world ending but having a chance to change and make amends for the past.

20121221_1koL.jpg

Heh.

Latest posts

Back