The feeling before the breakup

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afreakingowl

Reaction score
Am I the only one that has ever felt this... I feel like I can predict when a breakup is coming. Me and this girl are in a relationship but recently I have been getting a colder feeling in this relationship from her. So now I am basicly just waiting for her to break up with me. My question is this feeling correct or am I just being paranoid.

Have you tried talking to her about things? I know the thought of bringing it up is a bad one too - you think if you instigate the conversation then you're instigating the break up, and once it's done you'll wish you had just ignored it. But it will torture you if it continues how it is now. You need to talk to her.

"I'm in a difficult place at the moment " "I don't think I can be with someone right now"

'' I feel as if we are both moving in two differnt directions and I need to take sometime to find my feet '' ( lol we all know exactly where those feet are, their walking with some one else's haha! )

I wish I had this feeling over 6 years ago...

The only gf I had dumped me after a week, but by text message. So I couldn't predict those feelings (the last time I saw her we were enjoying a film)

I would have tried to sort things out before the message otherwise

Its in youre head. If you believe things wil fail then they will.
think positive

I know exactly what you mean. I've had this feeling about 3 times and all 3 times the girl dumped me within a week. It's awful..

No it's not, gut feelings are very real and often right.

I had a sudden gut feeling that my girlfriend was cheating on me, and what do you know, she did. Another girlfriend, I had that same gut feeling about her, when we break up she immediately goes to some guy friend she talked with while we were together. I'm either psychic or extremely lucky or people in general can just sense when "the honeysuckle has hit the fan".

I'd suggest to confront her directly and ask her if she wants to be with you, what she's planning to do to bring the relationship back, etc. Chances are you're not going to be happy about what she says but the GOOD things is you'll be able to cut your losses before you get fully cooked slowly and deal with a more extreme heartbreak. Trust your goddamn gut feeling it's there for a reason!

P.S. It's called a pre-emptive strike. If you're feeling she's going to dump you, dump her instead to minimize the pain. Sure you'll let her feel more shitty but a person who wants to leave their partner would be good to pay most of the emotional cost and not the one who'd really get dumped anyway.

I think it's human instinct to know when a relationship is dying if you really love that person. My partner recently broke up with me and the night before it happened I was sweating in my sleep, couldn't switch off for 2minutes and was waiting for it to happen. Which it did the next morning. Relationships are lovely, until it all goes wrong and then it bites you. Sadly we just have to keep having failure relationships and risk having our hearts broken if we want to be happy in the long run! Everything happens for a reason... Apparently :)

Latest posts

Back