The graces of our peers.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wolfshadow

As a natural introvert I spend so much of my time being a self-contained entity that I find it very hard to visualize alternatives. Whether it's going to a cafe, taking a walk in a park, visiting friends or any other conventional activity, I will not even consider these things without the willful encouragement of another. This pattern has gone on for as long as I can remember and upon reviewing all of the eventful chapters of my life I must despairingly conceed that I may never have done anything at all, minus the intervention of the assertive. Were it not for the fact that my ex girlfriend was a very single-minded woman, I probably would never have even had the fortune to lose my virginity. Does this make me a social parasite - or does that term have more specific implications?
Time has passed and inexorably, the people who helped pad out my life with things to do, are all but spectres of the past and the quetion I now pose myself is this; can portions of my descent into loneliness be blamed on being so reliant on the motivational skills of others, that my own have been blunted to the point of uselessness?

Is this something anyone else can relate to?

I can hear your quandry, but I don't believe mine are blunted because I never had them in the first place. If you did have them this could be a postive because the skills are there somewhere you just need to find the sharpener - just a thought.

Alive42 said:
I can hear your quandry, but I don't believe mine are blunted because I never had them in the first place. If you did have them this could be a postive because the skills are there somewhere you just need to find the sharpener - just a thought.

Far be it for me to contest your self analysis but I've read quite a few of your posts now and (although what I say is based expressly on a cursory observation) I can't readily accept that someone as obviously able-minded has none at all - a little counter thought.

wolfshadow said:
Alive42 said:

Far be it for me to contest your self analysis but I've read quite a few of your posts now and (although what I say is based expressly on a cursory observation) I can't readily accept that someone as obviously able-minded has none at all - a little counter thought.

I honestly do not know how to reply to you. I have always considered myself to have 0 social skills, just because of how I feel around people in general. Talking online is different, I have the safety of the off button.

As I read through my last post, I felt it may have come out in a more curt fashion than intended. When I said "I can't accept", what Ireally meant to convey is that the idealist in me doesn't want to believe that someone as bright doesn't or never can possess these skills.

If it sounded as if I was being presumptious, I assure you that isn'tthecase.

Alive42 said:
wolfshadow said:
Alive42 said:

I honestly do not know how to reply to you. I have always considered myself to have 0 social skills, just because of how I feel around people in general. Talking online is different, I have the safety of the off button.

I appreciate what your saying but don't worry, the burden does not fall on you to formulate a reply if you don't have anything to add. To be honest, I also am aware that some of the things I say, can leave people a bit flat (although I'd prefer it not to be confirmed ha) so for pete's sake, please don't feel bad about yourself if you're not inspired to prolong any discussion in which we might be involved.

yeah....i feel like honeysuckle atm.
I'm seriously thinking getting messed out of my fucken mind.
I'm tired of the fucken lies and empty fucken promises.
I did what I was told, followed the god **** directions...
At the end of the fresia day...it's still all a fucken lie.

I feel no one really gives a honeysuckle oneway or the other.
I'm tired of doing whats right...
I want to go do what's wrong beucase it dosn't matter oneway or the other.
i don't want to isolate anymore...I just want to go fresia everything up.
It dosn't matter if I care..I'm tired of caring.

I feel fucken crazy atm...it dosn't matter what i did.
I talk to people for hours. i reached out for help..
Nothing...nothing changed. It's all a bag of fucken lies.
I can't fit into this honeysuckle anymore. i can't continue living lies.
I can't continue pretending everything is okay when it's not okay.

I know how not to care.
I know how not to give a fresia
I know how to be selffish , self centered
i know how to fresia honeysuckle up
I know how to hurt myself
I know how to hurt people.
I know how to be a gardenia
I know how to be an *******
I know how to be ruthless

I tired of being told not to do that honeysuckle ...but mother ******* telling
me to not do that honeysuckle is doing it to me...

I want to do whats right but god **** it...what's the fucken piont.

This my fucken life...that I fucken live every fucken day IRL.
God fucken help me...becuase I can't do this honeysuckle anymore.
it dons't matter..it dosn't matter.

wolfshadow said:
Alive42 said:
wolfshadow said:
Alive42 said:

I appreciate what your saying but don't worry, the burden does not fall on you to formulate a reply if you don't have anything to add. To be honest, I also am aware that some of the things I say, can leave people a bit flat (although I'd prefer it not to be confirmed ha) so for pete's sake, please don't feel bad about yourself if you're not inspired to prolong any discussion in which we might be involved.

Thanks for your reply and I can totally relate to the "leaving people a bit flat". People often think I am a ***** because of the way I come off, when often I am scared, shy and just plain don't know what to say:)

Our minds crave stimulation. That is why when we are lonely we become more observational. Observation demands being set apart to watch instead of partaking in activities. As you set yourself apart and further back you become more self-reliant and independent. Thusly, I hypothesize this is what happens to most lonely people. Whether this is a positive or a negative effect is dubious. :club:

Latest posts

Back