The Lord of the Rings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheaptrickfan said:
Although I have no idea what Orange Kush is, I think you should totally do it as long as you have 10 hours free. :)

10 hours is about right... And Orange Kush is probably what Gandalf had in his very first appearance in the movies.

I like Lord Of The rings.
The first time I read it it was an old book all bound as one book. Hard going. My Mother had it. I guess I was ten and struggled with it.
I like the movies too but prefer the book.
Mate do the Movie Marathon. Hope you reach the end. Love the battle scenes. Liv Tyler looks pretty bloody good too huh?
I am wondering what bits you guys like from the movies or books?
Did not like the choice of Frodo. Anyone else find that?

I think he meant orange crush lol and LMAO @ the special post

Yeah, but I find it kind of sad that Frodo goes off to the land of the elves in the end. I remember reading a debate about it a while back, basically concluding that he had been too corrupted by the ring. I mean in the end Frodo lost to the ring, and it was Gollem who took it from him and wound up in the lava. If that hadn't happened...

and no, I meant orange kush. I have purple too, but the orange seems to be a little better...

Yeah but I think that it had just absolutely spent him body and spirit and he was the only one who could have made the journey that long in possession of it. It killed him and his number was up. It was just the formality of leaving the world of mortals behind.

Yeah true though. If not for that one thing...

"All Hobbits share a love for things that grow."

"A rather unfair observation as we also enjoy the brewing of ale and the smoking pipe weed."

Sanal said:
Nah he just wears a protection pad for his balls so my kicks wont be effective

hahhhhhaaaa :D
sanal, you are GREAT XD that was a good thread XD

CAS said:
Okay then. A good trilogy of books. I'm just seeing how long it will take before Frodo writes us an essay extolling the virtues of the books.

meh. i didn't expect YOU to make a thread like that though :/

The books are waaayyyy better than the movie.

If you really want good LoTR stuff, check out the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, also by Tolkien.

dramaqueen said:
*drags sanal out of the thread* Steel will come and kick us from the forums he does't like off topics, comeeee!!!! we'll spy on them :D

Ahuh, because I've never posted off topic :p

There is going to be a new LOTR game coming out. And it's not just any LOTR game, it's going to made by Snowblind Studios and therefore it's actually going to be good. It's called War in the North check it out

http://www.warinthenorth.com/

Steel said:
dramaqueen said:
*drags sanal out of the thread* Steel will come and kick us from the forums he does't like off topics, comeeee!!!! we'll spy on them :D

Ahuh, because I've never posted off topic :p

:O did you? :club: why? :club: why? :club: why?

i like the movies. i read the hobbit and the fellowship... back in the day. like over 10 years ago. for whatever reason reading now doesnt keep my interest. i lose interest or get tired very quickly. i wish it didnt though because i would read the MANY star wars books there are and there are books off of some of the sci-fi video games i like and i would read those too. i think part of it though, is that i am a big fan of when music and video go together well. i LOVE when a movie or video game gets the music right. thats a big thing that immerses me into whatever i am watching or playing. cant do that with books.

Tolkien's elvish was stolen from the welsh language also.

not as good as catcher in the rye or the bell jar. now they are proper books. everyone should read them at some point in their lives.

^agree about Catcher in the Rye. Classic.

Hilariously enough, it's still banned in most U.S. school districts. :p

Badjedidude said:
^agree about Catcher in the Rye. Classic.

Hilariously enough, it's still banned in most U.S. school districts. :p

I think "most" is an exaggeration. It is one of the most frequently banned books, yes, but not necessarily everywhere. It was on our curriculum in AP English way back in the 80s.

Here is a link to a more comprehensive overview of its banning:

ALA list of challenged books

Latest posts

Back