The mindful loner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cognitive

Reaction score
Hey guys, must confess I suffer from loneliness quite keenly, especially after the break-down of my last relationship. I've been trying to join new clubs and things to make new friends and I hope in time this will help. However, I found that sometimes we try a little too hard which is natural as we are lonely and just want to be loved. As well as trying to slowly make new friends I've been trying to enjoy the little things in life by using a technique called mindfulness. Its basically training your mind not to focus so much on sad and lonely thoughts but to try and experience the present moment, the floor beneath your feet, the wind on your face, cars passing in the distance. Sounds silly, but I found it really helped with alleviating feelings of loneliness and sadness. We all have our own path to tread, why not enjoy it a little more.

Anyway, I would love to make friends on here, so give me a shout if you want to chat. If you want me to relay any information about mindfulness and places to start, then i'd be very happy to help.

Big bear hug, Charlie

Latest posts

Back