The most heartfelt apololgy I can give.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin said:
Wow. You should be around the chat-room more often and You'd ban a heck lot more people than him! You're the only one who dares to ban someone it seems. Most staff members this community has had have either been too afraid or too used to flaming themselves to even time-ban.

I've been banned thousands of times, and leef'c was too. lol Those were the good old days.

Robin said:
Steel said:
Why do you think you had multiple chances? I could have just permanently banned you the first time for the things you said to various people, but no, I gave you a fresh chance each time. Each time ended the same way.. you would get angry and attack someone personally. Disagreeing with people is fine, flaming is not.

Wow. You should be around the chat-room more often and You'd ban a heck lot more people than him! You're the only one who dares to ban someone it seems. Most staff members this community has had have either been too afraid or too used to flaming themselves to even time-ban.

There's no reason to go ban crazy. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that's a kick and/or ban. There has to be legit reason to ban someone. Not because they said something you don't like because you disagree with it.

TaxiDriver said:
So to Naleena, Eve, Sanal, Estreen, and Steel. I am very sorry.

Dayvan, I don't know why you are appologizing to me. As far as I know, you have never said anything out of the way to me. Please don't appologize to me because you didn't do anything. Welcome back, BTW.

Robin said:

I am there quite regularly, and have a high opinion of those who frequent it. I also have confidence in the chatroom moderators.

There is a fine line between moderator and tyrant.

Bluey said:
There may not be any love lost between us but I have to say normally you would say something a little moor constrictive then that.

What you said here is a load of BS, and you know it.

Steel dealt with this good I am happy to see.

Uh, well.. i may not be myself right now but i was not trying to insult anyone. I also think Steel is doing a good job! Why are You so feisty?

EveWasFramed said:
I beg to differ. I've banned people in chat before. And you saying that most of the staff members on the forum are too afraid to ban or are flamers themselves is offensive. Considering only Minus, Samba and Steel are site mods, I'd say that was a pretty low blow, to suggest that any of them are flamers, Robin. How disappointing.

EDIT: As for PAST mods, well the ones I know, other than YOU, are Bluey and Cleo and I NEVER saw them flame either.

No, i said that the most of the staff members this community has had. I have no idea how the current staff members work, and that's none of my business. What the hell? Flamers?? Wow, what on earth is Your problem? I don't even understand how the opposite of not banning people is equal to being a flamer. Flamers had nothing to do with this! Am i getting bad days directed at me again? You're the one who's disappointing Eve!

VanillaCreme said:
There's no reason to go ban crazy. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that's a kick and/or ban. There has to be legit reason to ban someone. Not because they said something you don't like because you disagree with it.

Of course not! Banning someone for personal reasons is something i've always been against. I have seen many legit reasons to ban people in the chat-room, actually. Why do You treat me as if i'm an angry idiot?

Steel said:
I am there quite regularly, and have a high opinion of those who frequent it. I also have confidence in the chatroom moderators.

Allright. I also have a high opinion of them. But there's a fine and very obvious line between unbiased moderators and biased.

Robin said:
Most staff members this community has had have either been too afraid or too used to flaming themselves to even time-ban.

Robin said:
What the hell? Flamers?? Wow, what on earth is Your problem? Flamers had nothing to do with this! Am i getting bad days directed at me again?

'Nuff said.

I am not sure I should say anything but I think there may have been a little misunderstanding on the wording there. I'm not taking sides here. This is just to maybe keep the peace a little. The way I read it is that they are "used to flaming (going on around them) themselves". Not that they do it, but that it may be getting to a point that they are just used to it happening.

That's just how I perceived it is all.

LonelyDragon said:
I am not sure I should say anything but I think there may have been a little misunderstanding on the wording there. I'm not taking sides here. This is just to maybe keep the peace a little. The way I read it is that they are "used to flaming (going on around them) themselves". Not that they do it, but that it may be getting to a point that they are just used to it happening.

Dragon, onthe forum, "flaming" is used to describe bad behavior, such as inciting fights. So, when one says that the mods are "flaming" it means that they are starting fights, etc.
Just to clarify, dear.

EveWasFramed said:
LonelyDragon said:

Dragon, onthe forum, "flaming" is used to describe bad behavior, such as inciting fights. So, when one says that the mods are "flaming" it means that they are starting fights, etc.
Just to clarify, dear.

I do know that. (I've been on forums for 10 to 15 years now). I guess I'm not explaining what I meant very well though.

LonelyDragon said:
EveWasFramed said:
LonelyDragon said:

Just to clarify, dear.

I do know that. (I've been on forums for 10 to 15 years now). I guess I'm not explaining what I meant very well though.

lol, then by all means clarify. :p I don't know what you mean by"going around themselves".

Ok, uh, something needs to be made clear here. When i wrote this:

"Most staff members this community has had have either been too afraid or too used to flaming themselves to even time-ban. "

I actually meant this:

"Most staff members this community has had have either been too afraid or too used themselves to other people flaming to even time-ban."

I meant "flaming" in general, as a noun, not a verb. I'm very sorry for causing misunderstanding and anger and what not, but i was really not trying to state that any mods were flaming! My English isn't perfect, and i guess that i sometimes have to be more clear with what i say so that it isn't misunderstood.

EveWasFramed said:
Robin said:
Most staff members this community has had have either been too afraid or too used to flaming themselves to even time-ban.

Robin said:
What the hell? Flamers?? Wow, what on earth is Your problem? Flamers had nothing to do with this! Am i getting bad days directed at me again?

'Nuff said.

lmao, I can respond to my own post. How cool is that?:p

OK, from a conversation in the chat room, I gather that Robin meant that the moderators are used to SEEING flaming - not DOING the flaming. So, it appears that his wording was a bit misleading I guess.

EveWasFramed said:
LonelyDragon said:
EveWasFramed said:
LonelyDragon said:

Just to clarify, dear.

lol, then by all means clarify. :p I don't know what you mean by"going around themselves".

Wait, I get what you meant. They are used to SEEING the flaming, lol. :p Thank you.

Steel said:

Exactly, Steel.

Robin said:
VanillaCreme said:

Of course not! Banning someone for personal reasons is something i've always been against. I have seen many legit reasons to ban people in the chat-room, actually. Why do You treat me as if i'm an angry idiot?

I don't treat you as anything. I'm giving my thoughts, and it's coming from someone who has no problem with you. I like you, Robin. I think you're a cool person. But sometimes, and I'll be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about.

EveWasFramed said:
Wait, I get what you meant. They are used to SEEING the flaming, lol. :p Thank you.

There ya go! That's what I was trying to get at. I was trying to think of an example, but the only one I could come up with was parents and bickering children. I didn't want to compare anyone to children so I figured I'd just let it go. LoL
(Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I had to run to work. LoL)

Latest posts

Back