The OFFICIAL Weird and Creepy Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanescencefan91 said:
and then also when i did detassleing last summer, and this happend to everyone

everytime you close your eyes, it's just rows and rows of corn that never ends :p

I didn't know that you worked with the corn.

ya some of it was a sucky job, had to get up at 4am, supervisors sucked and were totaly unorganized bitches only got like half the work i wanted, people i worked with were anoying obnoxious asses -spending 3 hours with them on a small bus
and then that oner long day when we ran out of water and we had to walk, i started hallucinating and getting claustraphobic. i think i ranted on this on a job related thread, bathrooms sucked had to carry a bottle of hand santizer with me everwhere. Oh and the one time the bus left without me, thank god on of the supervisers hadn't left yet and had the bus drivers cell # or i would have been stuck seriously in the middle of bnowhere no phone and no water and no idea where to go.

But good part, on days when we had machines i would just listen to my ipod and pick the corn ussally we got done before afternoon so it wasn't too hot, downloaded scrubs episodes to watch on my ipod. And even though getting up sucked and it was too loud and uncorftable to sleep on the bus alot of times, watching the sunrise over some of the misty fields were nice. And you got a breeze while ridding on the machines, as long as you didn't get seasick (middle of a cornfield i know) just cuase the machines were so bumpy foruntaly i didn't.

and with the money i boughtr a ps3 definatly worth it. And i mean it was satisfying work, just felt good to some hard work at least once in your life, and if the economy is still in the crapper, crazy as i know it is, if i can't get a good summer job i'd probably do it a gain at least just for a little bit so i can get a couple extra hundred bucks for college.

Sounds like one of those experiences that are best looked back on as opposed to going through.

lol
ya very true

actually there's a pysche term i learned for it

it's called rosy retrospection

everything seems a bit better in the past

so the phrase we'll look back on this and laugh is very true,

just like that one time i went for a long bike ride, on a very hot july afternoon, and i almost passed out from heat stroke in the middle of nowhere

lolit's funny becuase thankgod i did not pass out and die, i made it home drank a ton of water nd laid down

and it's also funny cause it was a stupid and dangerous thing to go that far out when it was that hot, even when bringing two bottles of water, i even knew it then, but man i was bored and i wanted to go for a bike ride

evanescencefan91 said:
wow bluey that is awesome, i don't think i've ever gotten that good of a score before

actually recently i've started getting it with DDR after a while whenever i close my eyes i see the little glowwy arrows just scrolling up all the time

:p
Minus said:
Bluey said:
This one of my high scores.

Wow, my brain is off in the next county before i even get a thousandth of that.

haha, Its what boredom can do.

I drove all day once and when I was a sleep I still thought I was driving and can remember thinking this journey well never end. Me and me cousin got very lost lol That was a loooooooong day and night.

I also used to play this game called Elite as a kid for the acorn electron and I used to have the what they now call the tetris effect from that game as well. But funny enough I never got that affect from playing tetris its self lol

I love hearing about stuff like that.
My dad's a cop, and he's got some awesome stories. There's this time when he was just starting, and a guy died in a steamroom thing and was there for a few hours. So my daddy and his partner had to take the body out, they grabbed his arms and legs and they fell off, haha.

btw sorry for bringing up old topics. i'm just new and aaaall

Vacuo said:
btw sorry for bringing up old topics. i'm just new and aaaall

That is no problem or i would be the one in the most trouble.

Cops do see some things that just make your jaw drop when you hear about their tales from work.

My friend is a fireman, and he tells me the weirdest tales. Most are just plain stupidity on the part of the person who called.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/13/ecigarettes.smoking/index.html

new electronic cigarets
i think it sounds cool

At first glance, it looks like the real thing. It's white, with a brown filter. When the tip glows red, a smoke-like puff follows. But this is not a typical cigarette -- it's an "e-cig." A what? An electronic cigarette.

When an e-cigarette user inhales, a battery inside warms liquid nicotine stored in a plastic filter.

Makers of e-cigs tout their product as the first healthy cigarette, free of harmful chemicals and tar typically found in tobacco products. The only ingredient: pure liquid nicotine. "Our product is comparable to the nicotine patch except people still get the oral fixation, which they love," explained Elicko Taieb, CEO of Smoking Everywhere, one of the largest distributors of electronic cigarettes.

But the U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers e-cigs an unapproved new drug because of a lack of scientific proof that they're safe or effective. The FDA is trying to halt importation of e-cigs, but isn't seizing products already being sold in the United States.

"The FDA has been detaining and refusing importations since at least last summer of these so-called 'electronic cigarettes,' " FDA spokesperson Rita Chappelle told CNN in a written statement. Watch Sanjay Gupta's take on e-cigarette »

Smoking Everywhere is "pretty sure" the product is safe, based on laboratory testing in Europe, Taieb said. The company declined a CNN request to review safety reports.

"There are no ingredients in our e-cigs that can cause cancer. However, it is a pretty new product, so we are not 100 percent sure of the side effects at this point," Taieb said. "But we haven't heard of any negative side effects yet, but we are pretty sure they are safe."

Electronic cigarettes run on a battery. A person inhales an e-cig as he or she would a typical cigarette. When inhaled, the battery warms liquid nicotine stored in a plastic filter. The combination of heat and liquid creates the vapor or "smoke" puff when exhaled.

Health experts say the idea of an electronic cigarette is a great alternative to tobacco smoke but more evidence is needed.

Health Library
MayoClinic.com: Nicotine dependence
"Nicotine is not the thing in tobacco smoke that causes cancer, but inhaling pure nicotine may be dangerous," said Dr. Steven Schroeder, physician and smoking cessation expert at the University of California-San Francisco Medical Center. "We have no clue what the health effects could be."

Nicotine replacement therapies -- the patch or gum -- are safe and highly successful to help quit smoking.

Tobacco smoke causes nearly 90 percent of lung cancer deaths, according to the American Cancer Society. "If it is a choice between smoking tobacco product or a nicotine replacement -- of course, keep taking the nicotine," Schroeder said. "It is a heck of a lot healthier than tobacco smoking."

Developers of e-cigs echo the thought. "We aren't claiming electronic cigarettes help you quit altogether, but I promise our product won't cause cancer. So no matter what way you look at it, it's the healthier option," Taieb said.

Smoking Everywhere sells thousands of electronic cigarettes a day in the United States, the company said. Most are sold online or in 100 mall kiosks across the states. The company, which gave samples of e-cigs to celebrities at this year's Grammy and Oscar awards, said it expects that "big-name" actors will soon promote the product. U.S. sales are expected to double in 2009.

Sales of e-cigs have been on the rise in the United Kingdom, Geneva, Sweden and Brazil for several years. The trend prompted the World Health Organization to issue a statement in 2008 calling for more safety testing. "If the marketers of the electronic cigarette want to help smokers quit, then they need to conduct clinical studies and toxicity analyses," the statement said.

The idea that that e-cigs may be a good tobacco smoke alternative in the future could hold true, the FDA and WHO acknowledged, but proof of the product's safety must come first.

i don't know what they're talking about ); mesa can't speakea the russian

what it would be like to have 2 heads, i mean besides really really freaky

Abigail and Brittany Hensel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Abigail and Brittany Hensel
Born March 7, 1990 (1990-03-07) (age 19)
Carver County, Minnesota
Abigail "Abby" Loraine Hensel and Brittany "Britty" Lee Hensel (born March 7, 1990, Carver County, Minnesota, United States), are highly symmetric dicephalic parapagus conjoined twins, and further, tribrachius, bipedus. They have two spines and separate half-sacrums, which converge distally within a slightly broad pelvis. They each control and sense their corresponding arm and leg; a third, rudimentary central arm was amputated in infancy.

Biography
Abigail and Brittany Hensel's parents are Patty, a registered nurse, and Mike Hensel, a carpenter and landscaper. The twins have a younger brother named Dakota, or Koty for short, and a younger sister named Morgan. Brittany's head is about 15 degrees laterally outward, while Abby's head tilts laterally outward about 5 degrees, causing Brittany to appear to be of slightly less stature. They were raised in New Germany, Minnesota and attended Lutheran High School affiliated with the Missouri Synod in Mayer, Minnesota. At age 12, they underwent surgery at Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare to correct scoliosis and to expand their chest cavity to prevent future difficulties with breathing.

Each of the twins manages one side of their conjoined body and they are quite ambidextrous and coordinated in both their arms and legs when both hands or both legs are required. By coordinating their efforts, they are able to walk, run and ride a bicycle normally — all tasks that they learned at a normal speed. They each write with their corresponding hand. Together, they can type on a computer keyboard at a normal speed. Their sense of touch is partitioned to their own body half, which shades off at the midsagittal plane such that there is a small amount of overlap at their midline. They enjoy hobbies and sports including volleyball, kickball, swimming, basketball, and cycling. They also play the piano and are avid computer users. They enjoy softball, digital photography, the internet, social networking, and talking on the telephone. When they go to the cinema, they pay for two tickets.[2]

Media appearances
In April 2006, they appeared in Joined for Life, a documentary produced by Advanced Medical, distributed on the Discovery Health Channel. They also appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show on April 8 and April 29, 1996. In April 1996, the twins were featured on the cover of Life under the caption "One Body, Two Souls", and their daily lifestyle was depicted in the corresponding article titled The Hensels' Summer. Life followed up with another story in September 1998. In 2003, an updated story of them at age 11 (filmed in 2001) was published in Time and again in Life. They appeared in a follow-up documentary on The Learning Channel on December 17, 2006 filmed around the time of their 16th birthday, in which they discuss dealing with puberty and getting their driver's licenses. In the summer of 2006 they had a vacation in Texas at the home of a family whose dicephalus twin girls had died at a few hours old.

Adulthood
They both successfully passed their driver's license exam, both the written and driving tests. They had to take the tests twice, once for each twin. Abby controls the pedals, radio, heat, defogger etc., Brittany controls the turn signal and lights and together they control the steering wheel. They also want to visit the UK, so they can both have a chance to use their opposite controls.

They both graduated from high school in 2008. They began college at Bethel University in St. Paul, Minnesota, USA.

In conversation, they are clearly distinct persons, with distinct likes and dislikes. Despite sharing a body, the twins' preferences in food, clothing color, etc. differ. Some of their clothes are altered by their seamstress so that they have two separate necklines in order to emphasize their individuality. They will usually have separate meals, but sometimes will share a single meal for the sake of convenience (e.g., each takes a bite of the same hamburger). Abigail is better at mathematics and Brittany is better at writing. For tasks such as responding to e-mail, they type and respond as one, anticipating each other’s feelings with little verbal communication between them. In such cases as the latter, their choice of grammatical person is to use the first person singular out of habit when they agree, but when their responses do differ, they use their names in the third person singular.

There is some concern about their ability to have continued good health because only four known sets of conjoined twins who share an undivided torso and two legs have ever survived into adulthood, and most have congenital heart defects or other organ anomalies. None have shown up in the Hensels' case. They have so far had no desire to make themselves available for any medical studies. They intend to make a rather limited number of media appearances in the future, primarily just to appease the world's curiosity and to reduce the number of people who might otherwise be taken aback by their unusual body configuration. They intensely dislike [10]being stared at or photographed by strangers while going about their private lives. They expect to date, get married, and have children. They hope that by providing some information about themselves they will be able to lead otherwise fairly typical social lives as together they continue to make new friends.

ooh look pictures for you :p
http://www.eatnineghost.com/the-girl-with-two-heads/

3-04-09lightphaser.jpg

Man holds woman hostage with Sega light gun

I have no idea what this is so maybe i just misunderstand and it isn't weird and creepy. Beats me, is it weird?

f_weirdresizem_0db9b51.jpg

Latest posts

Back