The only one who is alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissWrite726

Reaction score
*sighs* I am the only one of my friends who does not have a relationship. I am happy for them but it hurts so much to be alone. They are so blinded by happiness I think they can't even see me anymore. It's like I am invisible to them. I am trying to be happy for their sake but I don't think if I were in their situation I would react the same as they are and ignore other people. They say I can still talk to them but I know it's different I don't want them to be alone but I wish they were still with me.

Maybe you should bring this up to them. Nothing's going to be solved if you just stew over it...Or you could try and meet some new people? I'm sorry to hear that you iz going through this and I hope you sort things out! :)

I know you're probably sick of hearing this (I know I am) but the right person will most likely come along in future.
I think I'd feel the same as you in your situation and I agree with Naval. Talk to them about it. If they're good friends then they should understand and possibly make more of an effort to talk to you and cheer you up.

I'm in the same situation. I have one friend and he just got into a new relationship about 3 months ago. I'm totally ignored now and don't have any other friends to go to. So I feel for ya! I reacted really angrily because I was so hurt and that pushed us even further apart. I suggest not doing that :)

I'm trying to move on now. Joining clubs, teams, classes. Anything to keep me busy and from thinking too much about how alone I am. I have good days and bad days. Maybe the same would work for you?

Pretty much all of my friends who got into a relationship seemed to not exist anymore.. they would be together 24/7! Dont people get sick of each other after a while? A couple of hours apart wont kill you either?!

One other thing that really makes me sad is when they say "How would you know? You've never been with some one so you wouldnt understand." Gee.. Thanks for making me alittle more crappier :(

Sodium said:
"How would you know? You've never been with some one so you wouldnt understand." Gee.. Thanks for making me alittle more crappier :(

:(

I hate comments like that. I don't think I've ever gotten that one, but I have been snubbed for girls before and been issued backhanded comments about being single.

I think people end up feeling guilty at some point over snubbing their friends for their partner, but I think most people are too weak to cop to it or say "Hey, we're still friends no matter what". But I think it comes to a point shortly thereafter where they start ignoring those old friends simply because they are too weak to face the guilt of having ditched them in the first place.

Ugh. They could at least admit to it.

yeah, I agree. I also experienced that to some of my friends who have boyfriends. When they are in a relationship, they tend to forget me. Their time is so focused with their guy and I hate to think that I was ignored just because of a guy whom they don't know that much and our friendship was just taken for granted. But when they get brokenhearted from their bf's, they remember me. I feel like I am being used. I already have a relationship before but I have not forgotten them. So what I did was when I have a bf and they didn't. I also ignored them. They are texting me but asking how I was but I just ignored. I let them feel what I felt when I was also in that situation.

Latest posts

Back