The Opposite of Fear

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jessy :) I found this site last night and decided to join, I've beenreading your thread and I must say you've come a long way!! I'm proud of you! ( not sure how much that means coming from an stranger lol) but I mean it and I don't know what you did to turn your attitude around so quickly from the first post I read but it seems to be working well and I wish I could make that Kim of progress. I feel like my social problem has ruined my reputation becaus I live in a small enough city that everyone knows who I am. But I avoid them all out of fear of saying something stupid, I used to hang with some of these people but now it seems like I hve only 2 friends. I don't know what I said or did or how things ended up this way but it sucks. I'm lonely. Not even my mom will go for a coffee with me. I spend all my time home with my son, or my boyfriend who I'm sure hates me. Just like you and the pet shop I avoid certain places so I don't have to see certain people. I'm sick of living like this. I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't know how big of a loser I am is my son, and I'm scared to death he's going to find out when he gets older and think that of me too. Even on here I see you all seem to know each other so posting this I feel like the lonely loser who just wandered in off the street. What a life!!!

Loser_Lady902 said:
Hey Jessy :) I found this site last night and decided to join, I've beenreading your thread and I must say you've come a long way!! I'm proud of you! ( not sure how much that means coming from an stranger lol) but I mean it and I don't know what you did to turn your attitude around so quickly from the first post I read but it seems to be working well and I wish I could make that Kim of progress. I feel like my social problem has ruined my reputation becaus I live in a small enough city that everyone knows who I am. But I avoid them all out of fear of saying something stupid, I used to hang with some of these people but now it seems like I hve only 2 friends. I don't know what I said or did or how things ended up this way but it sucks. I'm lonely. Not even my mom will go for a coffee with me. I spend all my time home with my son, or my boyfriend who I'm sure hates me. Just like you and the pet shop I avoid certain places so I don't have to see certain people. I'm sick of living like this. I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't know how big of a loser I am is my son, and I'm scared to death he's going to find out when he gets older and think that of me too. Even on here I see you all seem to know each other so posting this I feel like the lonely loser who just wandered in off the street. What a life!!!

Hey thank you! It means a lot, coming from a stranger or not. :) I'm glad you joined; welcome!

My attitude has changed because I got tired of my life as it was. I knew something had to be done and somehow I figured out what I needed to do. You too can have the life you want. :) Just don't be afraid. Please stick around the forum and anything you might have trouble with- ask someone about it. There are lots of friendly people here that will do anything they can to help you succeed.

You should talk to your bf and tell him how you feel. As far as your son, simply give him your 100%. :)

I like your thread. And I agree fear is the root of most problems.

“The key to change... is to let go of fear.” - Rosanne Cash

“Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” -anonymous

“What we seek we shall find; what we flee from flees from us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

“FEAR is an acronym in the English language for "False Evidence Appearing Real" -Neale Donald Walsch

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.” -Ambrose Redmoon

“Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends.” -Shirley MacLaine

“Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.” -Marilyn Ferguson

“There are four ways you can handle fear. You can go over it, under it, or around it. But if you are ever to put fear behind you, you must walk straight through it. Once you put fear behind you, leave it there.” -Donna A. Favors

“Do what you are afraid to do” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"“Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it... that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.” -Dale Carnegie

Wow those are all really awesome quotes! :) Thanks Sophi!!! How did you find all of those? A lot of them say what I've been figuring out. :)

Jesse said:
Wow those are all really awesome quotes! :) Thanks Sophi!!! How did you find all of those? A lot of them say what I've been figuring out. :)

ThinkExist.com :)

google> "Fear, Quotes"> Results in Quotes about Fear.

Yes, I tend to practice this opposite of fear also. It works on most cases but some things are easier said than done.

I have almost overcome social anxiety. I don't fear to speak my mind and share my opinion. Funny to think about how I once thought I will never overcome this, I used to shake badly in social situations and public speaks.
I have overcome the fear of opposite sex.
I have almost overcome the fear of heights. Walked on 3000m cliff edges, above clouds, etc. Rode my bike in really steep places.

But how do you overcome the fear of future? -- I cannot even figure out it is irrational! I don't know the future! Somehow I feel it is just best to die as soon as possible.

Calm said:
But how do you overcome the fear of future? -- I cannot even figure out it is irrational! I don't know the future! Somehow I feel it is just best to die as soon as possible.

Live in the present and enjoy it! :)

I know is way easier said than done...

Latest posts

Back