The solitary Goldfish...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaileyBump

Reaction score
I began this life as a goldfish, confined to a small space and eager to get out. Each day was long & repeatative and all I could do was swim in circles.

When I turned 17, I decided to trade in my flippers for a pair of wings, and flew to the ocean where the air was fresh and it was easy to glide through each day with a smile. I met new people, tried new things and for just a while I left my responsibilities behind for some careless adventure and light-hearted fun.

I fell in love with another shape-shifter like myself and when we grew tired of our careless adventuring we migrated to Sydney; a City where the buildings are tall, the streets are dirty and solemn faced penguins go about their business... trying to breath in the polluted air and avoiding how unhappy they truly are.

A short time after we arrived in Sydney I fell in a puddle, and instead of jumping out quickly to preserve my feathers... I stayed just long enough to grow gills again & just long enough for the puddle to dry.

So now I am a goldfish... without a bowl, gasping for air, choking on the city smoke & desperate to be put back in the water.

I am Bekk. I am 20years old and about to become a Mom. I am in love with a great man, but somehow still find myself feeling completely lost and alone. I am surrounded by strangers in an unknown place and all I want is a familiar or friendly face. I can't wait for my daughter to be born, or to start a family... but I really wish I didn't have to go through it all alone.

90s child, with an 80s heart.
~Bailey

Hi Bekk :) Welcome to the forum. So how long before baby is here? Sounds like you are excited to bring a little one into the world. I am so sorry that you have to do that on your own. It's tough becoming a single mom. The story of the goldfish was beautiful! I'm glad your here and you will find lots of nice people here to talk with. Some who are single moms as well. :) (((((((((((((((((((Bekk))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Naleena said:
Hi Bekk :) Welcome to the forum. So how long before baby is here? Sounds like you are excited to bring a little one into the world. I am so sorry that you have to do that on your own. It's tough becoming a single mom. The story of the goldfish was beautiful! I'm glad your here and you will find lots of nice people here to talk with. Some who are single moms as well. :) (((((((((((((((((((Bekk))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Naleena!
That's the thing though.. I'm not going to be a single mum. I have an amazing partner who I adore, yet he works full-time and when he gets home all he wants to do is play play games or watch movies... I love spending time with him, but our routine has become so monotonous and I just wish I had a friend (or circle of friends) that I could be more active with.

Thank you for your compliment on my story, though it needs a bit of work. I haven't written anything in about 2 years, so I'm trying to ease myself back into it.

And yes I am excited about becoming a mum, I have always been a very maternal person and I think part of my sadness now comes from not having anyone to look after (as my partner is so self-reliant) for the first time in my life. I'm sure I will feel better once Isabelle is born and I can start getting out a little more.

& hey everyone :)

These tears running down my face mean nothing... just another sad girl in a lonely world. The pieces of my heart
lying broken on the ground mean everything because they are all i have...........

having a bad day :(

Latest posts

Back