the subject is missing. please enter a subject.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The world sucks, but the end is coming. As soon as a few certain countries attack a tiny little country in the middle east, the next world war will begin.

That is a possibility.

could you come to the chatroom a sec, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

after a moment:

(d) ok then...

Punisher said:
The world sucks, but the end is coming. As soon as a few certain countries attack a tiny little country in the middle east, the next world war will begin.

That's a bit overly dramatic. We've had several world wars before and the world didn't end. This one only looks different to you because it's personal. *shrug*

The situations don't compare. The last world war 70 years ago didn't have nuclear armed countries on both sides, or even any until right at the end. Even at that, those were mere toys compared to what is in existence now.

What Punisher is talking about is an attempt to destroy a small nuclear armed country. It seems within reason that they would use them before allowing themselves to be wiped out of existence. There is no telling what would follow that.
--
Not to say that another attack would mean that their existence is in danger, or that it would be a world war. They have already been attacked quite a number of times and have handled it.

Minus said:
What Punisher is talking about is an attempt to destroy a small nuclear armed country. It seems within reason that they would use them before allowing themselves to be wiped out of existence. There is no telling what would follow that.

Still, "the end of the world" is a bit much, I think. Firstly, the world will survive humanity. Even if all humans on the planet died, life would continue on in one form or another. Second, I don't think that such a scenario (even WITH nukes) would actually kill off all humans. SOMEONE would survive to repopulate.

So I still believe that it's an overstatement to say that it would be the end of the world. *shrug*

No one really know how extensive or destructive the nuclear winter would be from even a relatively small nuclear war. Not something i really want to try right now.

Minus said:
No one really know how extensive or destructive the nuclear winter would be from even a relatively small nuclear war. Not something i really want to try right now.

Yeah, I'll agree to that.

Ongoing nuclear fallout is not at the top of my want-to-do list. :p

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein (contemplating nuclear devastation)

i see people still quoting long messages whole list of 3 or 4 people responses, lol so i thought i would take turn doing that

i
Sanal said:
hmm.. So is it free? Or do I have to pay charges? Can't say. You might put an asterix and say *conditions apply and when I just had my hopes high, there will be a catch. *suspicious looks*

lol :p I can't believe this thread is still running

Latest posts

Back