the thing that I'm ashamed of

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rivermaze

after college, I lived as a monk for two and a half years. It doesn't bother me anymore, but I know that it changed me and extinguished my passions

I feel relieved now after venting it out in public :)

SophiaGrace said:
So you feel cold and dead inside now?

oh, not that bad :) I tend to control my emotions and rarely let myself be moved. everything seem to stay inside.

rivermaze said:
SophiaGrace said:

oh, not that bad :) I tend to control my emotions and rarely let myself be moved. everything seem to stay inside.

I had a classmate that was like that in high school. Guess what? He's a monk now.

you can change that if you want to.

im sure all your passions and emotions are still there.
just need to let em out ones in a while ;)

were you actually a monk or did you just live like one ?
why did it bother you ??

I am currently starting my second year as a monk (living like a monk). I don't expect to live more than two years as a monk.

If you count only going to school and not doing anything else then I would be starting my fifth year as a monk.

When I'm dead I should be canonized. :D

Saint of Loneliness.

Maybe you just haven't found the things that move you...
I can't wrap my mind around the idea of you being a monk River.

MountainGhost said:
Maybe you just haven't found the things that move you...
I can't wrap my mind around the idea of you being a monk River.

miracles happen :)

I grew up my first sixteen years pretty much alone and am fairly unemotional in many ways. This doesn't seem to be a functional issue, and the people who know me well also know that I care for them.

rivermaze said:
SophiaGrace said:

Of course you could control your emotions. You stayed inside most of the time and never had to deal with people outside your own sphere. That's the best way to escape reality.

I'm no saint and definitely dont wanna be a monk.
Its not so much being a monk is a bad thing...its how I go about an mis intrupurate the messages and teachings.

I need not sit on a mountain to isolate myself from life to be a spiritual guru.
honeysuckle i dont even have to beliving in god, HP to apply spiritual principles...
If anything...participating in life requires that I apply all the spiritual teachings.
Kind da like being in the eye of a hurricain...Being peaceful and calm when all kinds of chaos
and wind blowing in different directions...which i have no control over...but I remain calm or centered.

Not so much to stuff my emotions...honeysuckle its the samething If I get wasted to numb out and not feel anything,
dont do anything but sit on my ass all day being lazy N not being productive in my life...

Notice all the spiritiual teachers didnt sit on thier ass...Budhad, Juses..Mohamid...etc..etc all went out into the
worlds and participate in life...While they might take time out to silent thier mind, meditate or re energize thier
body and soul..They werent isolating and numbing out.

Latest posts

Back