The town I am in

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in a small town in Southeast Missouri. I enjoyed growing up here, but for some reason....I do not feel like I belong here anymore. I feel that this place is too small. I seek to explore and expand my mind, and all I get are blank stares and stoic faces. I am attending school to be an RN, and I hope to one day leave.
I hate to leave because this has been my home, but I feel like I cannot stay. It is hard to find a good book in this town (what few there are, consists of mass publications).
It seems like I outgrew this place....sort of like a collage student trying to go back to Junior High....that is how I feel.
The school keeps me busy, but other than that, I can only seem to find friends in books...I did find one good friend whom I can talk philosophy with and such....Other than that....I feel like I have lost my home.

I am not trying to throw a pity party, just wondering where I could go and where I fit in....I was thinking out West, like Seattle or something...

I hope you find what you're looking for (sorry I can't be any more help than that). Good luck.

Out in Nowhere said:
I live in a small town in Southeast Missouri. I enjoyed growing up here, but for some reason....I do not feel like I belong here anymore. I feel that this place is too small. I seek to explore and expand my mind, and all I get are blank stares and stoic faces. I am attending school to be an RN, and I hope to one day leave.
I hate to leave because this has been my home, but I feel like I cannot stay. It is hard to find a good book in this town (what few there are, consists of mass publications).
It seems like I outgrew this place....sort of like a collage student trying to go back to Junior High....that is how I feel.
The school keeps me busy, but other than that, I can only seem to find friends in books...I did find one good friend whom I can talk philosophy with and such....Other than that....I feel like I have lost my home.

I am not trying to throw a pity party, just wondering where I could go and where I fit in....I was thinking out West, like Seattle or something...

I hope you find your place in the world :).

maybe if you can take a few trips in the summer or whenever you have time

you don't have to live in one place for the rest of your life, you can stay for a months to a few years in some places and you can always go back home to visit or come back to live if you want

Latest posts

Back