The trouble with Parties

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMaul

Reaction score
I could go on about my rather general distaste for them for an excessively long time but first and foremost I have to get this off my chest.
The last two parties I've been two, I've had things stolen. The first was a forty dollar bottle of Oyzo spirits which was a massive hit to my wallet on top of the novelty contacts I bought for that party. I got all dressed up as I usually do when I'm attending an outing of some sort, which involves goth make-up and platform boots...then everyone does LCD and lies down on the floor. And those who don't sit awkwardly at the corner of the room texting other people. No-one interacted with anyone else, it was the most dismal and boring waste of my time. I know its my choice...but it takes me a while to get my make-up on and everything, and to have to basically trudge home feeling like I just wasted my night and spent EFFORT on jazzing myself up for such a let-down is just insulting.

The next event which tonight made me think very seriously about self-harm for the first time in a little while. I still might depending on if I find something else to do. Actually, I just did cut myself. Couldn't help it. fresia. No its not emo or whatever that term is supposed to mean, since I just have no other constructive way of getting these destructive emotions out other than physical damage. I get so angry sometimes that Its either I destroy something...or cause physical abuse to my own body. I don't need more people hassling me and getting aggro at me so I'm ******* done. I cut I feel better, because a rush of adrenaline and the brief moment when all else fades away. fresia you for judging me or thinking there's something wrong with me. fresia YOU.

I can't believe some people. I went to a party that was rubbish and boring as usual, no-one interesting to talk to. I didn't much mind since I was on my way out, when a random girl who was at the party approached me in the hallway and asked me if she could wear my hat. I have a lot of really eccentric hats, and this one was a zebra-striped cowboy hat. It was one of my favourite hats. She asked nicely, I obliged and let her wear it. She then takes off running and before I could realize what had happened she had got in the elevator and left. Stealing one of my treasured possessions.
Its the lack of respect. People have no empathy - they don't give a fresia about other people's stuff, because other people aren't THEM, so they literally have no comprehension of them. Everyone is just a game to be played to these people. ******* no respect. If I had of stolen a prized possession of theirs they would have been ******* furious. "Oh buts its just a hat - get over it". It might be just a hat to you - but that's why its not yours. Its mine, and I attach more meaning to it than you because of that simple ******* fact. Another thing was its novelty - the rarity of it makes it unique and hence why it had become a sort of trademark of mine...and now some random loser with the personality of a plank has it. And my arm is covered in blood.
Great night. Can't wait for the next party. YIPPEE.

Poguesy said:
Happy much?

Theres a time and place for everything.

Also just wanted to also mention that, I'm not going to judge, and I'm sure no one else here will either.

Pezza said:
I'm sorry but you self harmed because someone stole your hat?

I think that's the worst reason for self harm I've ever heard.

You need help.

People do it for all kinds of reasons.
I've done it for things even I think are stupid.
That's not what you're thinking at the time though.

Have you thought of getting some sort of help?
How bad is it usually? Or how often do you do it, I guess.

Someone stole something of mine that is irreplaceable. So yeah, I'm pretty upset about it. What is something you really treasure? Do you think you'd feel just dandy after someone stole that? Suppose you would since you're so perfect as to judge me. You'd probably wish them the best of luck with your possessions and perhaps even help them take it, heck its only your treasured possession after all - not like it means anything to you!

Don't know why I even bother attempting to interact with humanity. I'm just another "freak who needs help and therapy" get it the fresia away. Its not right. Its not normal. Its not good enough to hold our presence.

Oh of course, I'm not denying that people self harm because of silly little things, but for me that's the worst reason I've heard yet.

It doesn't matter what the reason. If you self harm you should seek professional help.

If someone stole my most valuable possession I wouldn't self harm, I'd take appropriate action against that person.

TheMaul said:
Don't know why I even bother attempting to interact with humanity. I'm just another "freak who needs help and therapy" get it the fresia away. Its not right. Its not normal. Its not good enough to hold our presence.

Just because someone needs help or therapy doesn't make them a freak.

I obviously have to spell it out. And I guess I took it for granted that I wouldn't be condescended upon because I assumed there was a least some form of empathy among fellow lonely souls. Its not the event itself that causes a person to self-harm, it is only ever the cherry on top of a long and arduous pile-up of internalized rage. If someone seriously self-harmed merely because they had something of theirs taken, yes it might be weird, although still if it is a prized possession and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it what the fresia do you do?
Do I go and hurt somebody? Break a window? Kick a puppy? Wreck someone else's life - or do I self-harm? Its easier that way.

TheMaul said:
fresia you. Really, just fresia you.

No more of that unless you are looking for a vacation.

Minus said:

Wouldn't be the first time I'd been kicked out. My own mother did it to me once. Being banned from a forum ain't going to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
Its just going to reinforce my psychological issue I have...that everyone is out to make my life hell and push me away as much as possible.
I'm done. I can't do it anymore. I don't want to go to therapy, I WAS happy with being me...but the world just keeps making me work to stay that way. I'm not allowed to be happy being me, because then I'm not cool enough or whatever.

I am sure it wouldn't be but if you insist on attacking member like that when you don't like what they say, then it is what you will find. I am sure you don't need to attack people to be "cool" in your eyes.

TheMaul said:
Minus said:

Wouldn't be the first time I'd been kicked out. My own mother did it to me once. Being banned from a forum ain't going to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
Its just going to reinforce my psychological issue I have...that everyone is out to make my life hell and push me away as much as possible.
I'm done. I can't do it anymore. I don't want to go to therapy, I WAS happy with being me...but the world just keeps making me work to stay that way. I'm not allowed to be happy being me, because then I'm not cool enough or whatever.

If it's any consolation, I think the thread has gone in the wrong direction by focusing on the symptom (of you cutting) and ignoring the cause in this case (lame ass parties populated by even lamer people).

You cut yourself for the emotional release. It's not hard to get. Probably not the most productive way of dealing with problems, but whatever...

I don't understand why parties are such a celebrated thing in our culture. Standing around with a bunch of strangers, getting drunk, etc. Wow.... that sounds like something I want to all the **** time!!!

To be robbed is a violation, whatever it is that has been taken, it makes the person feel like they deserve no respect and feel attacked . So why is it so difficult to think that he would self harm over that.
Self harm takes the pain away, the real pain that attacks your mind and emotions. Of course there are better ways of coping but when the rage is there and the hurt is intense its an easy fix.
I stopped harming myself...in that way. Now i go in the woods and scream until i have no voice, or i get a tattoo.

I'd like to add that i think your crowd is not what you need. They dont seem to have any respect . I'm sure there are other groups that will accept you and treat you better.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Please get therapy, OP. You need it.

Poguesy said:
Happy much?

Let me make one thing clear before I even start. I have never cut myself in my life and I doubt I ever will and I am not defending the OP on that basis.

Responses such as this are dismissive and disrespectful and only further fuel alienation on both sides of the argument. It's not even directed towards me, but I can't help but feel angry on the OP's behalf when seeing him treated with such callous disregard. A fair number of people on this board could probably benefit from therapy. Do you tell all of them that? Telling someone they need therapy is a conversation ender.

Did you come to this thread with the intent of antagonizing? No?? Then why are you doing it?

FreedomFromLiberty said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Please get therapy, OP. You need it.

Poguesy said:
Happy much?

Let me make one thing clear before I even start. I have never cut myself in my life and I doubt I ever will and I am not defending the OP on that basis.

Responses such as this are dismissive and disrespectful and only further fuel alienation on both sides of the argument. It's not even directed towards me, but I can't help but feel angry on the OP's behalf when seeing him treated with such callous disregard. A fair number of people on this board could probably benefit from therapy. Do you tell all of them that? Telling someone they need therapy is a conversation ender.

Did you come to this thread with the intent of antagonizing? No?? Then why are you doing it?

Many of the members of this Forum are in Therapy and are recieving professional help.

In my opinion the OP would clearly benefit from this, that opinion is not just from these posts but several of his other posts as well.

Do you not think that the OP should receive professional help? If so what do you suggest?

Pezza said:
If someone stole my most valuable possession I wouldn't self harm, I'd take appropriate action against that person.

I like this one. What's the appropriate action to take against a complete stranger who you saw pretty much at random? Make a police report? Yeah, I'm sure they have a hat-finding squad ready to jump on this one.

Latest posts

Back