The Ultimate Question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
This is a question of the absolute highest order, and it is going to take every ounce of your imagination to even consider it. It is the biggest of "the big questions."

In the absolute realm prior to time and existence we have Eternity, Energy, and infinite possibilities. Let us assume the original source, or God awareness, that is a single consciousness is all knowing and all powerful.

The consciousness is lonely so it gives itself amnesia and divides itself into infinite separate entities to explore the infinite manifestations of life throughout infinite universes.

Let us assume that all life is sacred and continues the adventures of life throughout multiple, perhaps infinite, lifetimes. Let us assume that eternal damnation is wrong, and that losing even one soul permanently is unacceptable to God. To anyone who considers their faith the only faith, consider how you would feel if you deeply loved someone of a different faith. So now you see that "good" people come in all faiths.

Now let's consider ascension. It's all well and good that we learn our lessons here and "move on," but what are we moving on to? Perhaps we can become beings who live in higher dimensions with much greater powers then this corporeal existence, but where does this lead?

Let us assume that "Nirvana" is the goal of ascension. To return to being one with the creator. What does this accomplish? Even having explored infinity, if every living being returns to a state of oneness, then won't the same thing just happen again? A lonely God with a single mentality that needs to "lose" having all knowledge in order to have any fun or purpose with existence?

So what is the point? We're going everywhere and yet we're going nowhere. Whether we're good or evil, it doesn't matter. What we do comes back to us threefold, but thats about it. All in all it was worth it and we move on to something new.

"Infinity" is always expanding, and the adventure that is life never really ends. So I don't get the point of enlightenment other then grasping this truth, but knowing it is pointless. Were you to have eternal life in a single mind, you would get bored with anything less then infinity.

.... I'm not sure where this is going anymore, but I feel like I need to stop or else I'm going to be "removed." I have the ability to be happy when alone, to appreciate life in all it's infinite forms, the imagination to understand and manifest infinity.

So why am I even here? For some vainglorious notion of pride to publish my thoughts and fight over status, and fame, and coin, amidst the masses? Inevitable truths are inevitable. Even if I feel my words could end wars and do incredible amounts of good, I don't see how it would mean anything in the long term. Right now I feel I could literally disappear into thin air, for there is nothing that really keeps me here and I am capable of understanding these things. I need to stop, I need to sleep...

I think that overthinking things is more harmful than beneficial. :)

Just enjoy the trip, man.

VanillaCreme said:
Is this a drug related questionnaire?

Drug-inspired, most likely. ;) Haha

No offense to Phaedron, but those are the sorts of questions that my friends start asking and talking about when they're high. :p

oh..I've asked those questions many times without being high. I'm a very spiritaul person. i work and live a spirtaul base program
and life. I've done plenty of spirtaulity reserch and readings.

Yes, many spiritual concepts or conceptions speaks about a single consious or god's consious.

Why am i here?
Life was ment to be lived....

What's the piont of living?....
Have a lot fun, laugh a lot , make love a lot, cry a lot, hurt alot, pray a lot, don't give a fresia a lot, sleep a lot.
ask a lot of questions too:p

mmmm why make ice cream or eat icecream?
Becuase it taste sweet and good...

I have a harder question...

I have a 25lb box of type 304 Stainless Steel nails... 1lb of nails is 94 nails. The box costs $173.25

The content of the steel is

C - 0.08%

Mn - 2.0%

Si - 0.75%

P - 0.045%

S - 0.03%

Cr - 18%

Ni - 10.5%

N - 0.1%

The rest of the nail is is Fe

If...
Magnesium costs $4200/metric ton
Iron costs $113/metric ton
Nickel costs $12133/metric ton
Chromium is $7000/metric ton

Then assuming that all other components of the nail are worth equal value, and there is no corrosion on any of the nails, what is the cost of 1 iron atom to the consumer, and what is the profit to the manufacturer?

You are mixing belief systems. There is a reason why people believe certain things above others. If you can focus on just one of the many possibilities you pose, you will find your answer.

You dont need to stop, You need to be proud that you bother to ask these questions at all, Theres plenty of people out there that as another person once put it "know the words and dont know the music" to life. Im guessing after reading a good few of the posts on this site that alot of people feel lonely because they realise there's not that many people thinking quite the same,there moving to a different beat/vibration. To be orginal is to be an outcast, Especially these days, Dont under estimate the power of school's and tv to make us all think and act the same, the choices of what car and what amazing pancake flipper to buy just have the majority of us worrying about trivial things. There's no difference between here and there, Up and down, Dead/Alive, No other. Its all one, (for me anyway) That helps me when all the pressure of thoughts seem to get too much, I just be.

Dont let some of the other comments get ya to stop thinking. Its one of our greatest gifts and enemy's. Just remember hard to look clearly through your ego.

Latest posts

Back