The Vice Guide To Travel : Liberia and North Korea

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayvanCowboy

Reaction score
As much as I dislike Vice magazine they have made two compelling documentaries that are free online to watch. I am sure some of you here can appreciate if you have not seen them already.

I don't know. I somewhat envy them for going to places most journalists don't have access to or would never dare visit. Almost getting killed or saying just one more thing to end up in jail.

*******I must warn you. The Liberia documentary contains very graphic footage. Do not watch if you have a weak stomach.********

The Vice Guide to Liberia - Part 1 of 8
Part 2 of 8
Part 3 of 8
Part 4 of 8
Part 5 of 8
Part 6 of 8
Part 7 of 8
Part 8 of 8

The Vice Guide to North Korea - Part 1 of 3
Part 2 of 3
Part 3 of 3

OMG I would never go to Liberia without a weapon + full kit and at least 10 equally armed men behind me. Seriously. Them is crazy *******.

Lol and I can almost guarantee you that those journalists were taken to the "pretty tourist" areas (as bad as they are) of Liberia & N. Korea....there's no way they'd still be alive if they truly stepped off the beaten path.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Lol and I can almost guarantee you that those journalists were taken to the "pretty tourist" areas (as bad as they are) of Liberia & N. Korea....there's no way they'd still be alive if they truly stepped off the beaten path.

----Steve

You obviously have not watched it if you are posting such a thing. "Pretty tourist" areas? lmao

Far from it.

ugh

DayvanCowboy said:
Far from it.

That was my point. That's why I put the word pretty in quotation marks (to indicate sarcasm). As bad as what's shown in the vids, I'm sure it's about 100x worse off the well-worn path traveled by journalists and travellers. Like I said, if the journalists had actually gone into the TRULY dangerous areas, there wouldn't be a documentary at all.

That would be awesome to be able to do that sort of thing for a living, though...travel to dangerous places and get combat footage or whatever. I've thought of that before. :p Let's go for it.

----Steve

Ah, I see. You need to watch it to realize that they do go to the VERY dangerous areas. There are a few times where they are one word or action away from getting killed.

Heh yeah...but I'm sure there are places where they'd be shot on site, no questions asked and no words given. :p heh...on the note of Liberia, I found a somewhat humorous article that talks about Liberian battle tactics:

http://www.fmft.net/archives/001463.html

----Steve

P.S. I AM watching it...it just takes a few minutes. :p

SophiaGrace said:
Geez BJD, do you have to argue about EVERYTHING?

o_0 Do you even KNOW me, Soph? lol yes I do, as a matter of fact.

Not an argument, anyway, really. :p

----Steve

Latest posts

Back