The worst kind of happiness.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoMoreHope

Reaction score
For years, my outlook in life was always cynical. Never had an inch of optimistic in me.. i always look at the negative side of things... but recently... ive changed.. I decided to change my perception of the world.. And it help me a lot... But still i feel wrong.. I feel something is missing.. Because in reality same things are happening to me just like before but now i have change my thought of things now i feel a little better... but empty somehow..

I'm always telling people to be mindful of every good thing in your life.
Some call this "counting your blessings"

Sometimes you have to appreciate really small things:
A pretty day
A good cup of coffee
Making the green light
Someone being courteous on the road

Takes practice, but is well worth the effort

A new life said:
I'm always telling people to be mindful of every good thing in your life.
Some call this "counting your blessings"

Sometimes you have to appreciate really small things:
A pretty day
A good cup of coffee
Making the green light
Someone being courteous on the road

Takes practice, but is well worth the effort

Really good advice...

All in all.
Life isn't perfect...
always remember things can be alot worse.
And if they are already, remember they're going to get better.

NoMoreHope said:
For years, my outlook in life was always cynical. Never had an inch of optimistic in me.. i always look at the negative side of things... but recently... ive changed.. I decided to change my perception of the world.. And it help me a lot... But still i feel wrong.. I feel something is missing.. Because in reality same things are happening to me just like before but now i have change my thought of things now i feel a little better... but empty somehow..

Maybe your actions aren't truly matching your thoughts?

When all is said & done, success without happiness is the worst kind of failure.

I tend to see things in objective observations and not opinions or viewpoints -- for instance if I say I went out over 1000 times alone before i got burnt out, used 30 social sites, messages with like 700 people -- thats not me being pessimistic, its me stating a fact and a situation that destroys life, just like physical pain would and no one would say physical pain was cynicism.

I tend to look for the bad in things myself; my depression I believe makes me see things in a different light. I'm working on changing this however cause I really want to be happier in life. Each person look at the world differently for many reasons. I do appreciate the small things in life though, very much so. =)

NoMoreHope said:

Im sorry if this reply is going to make you look ambiguous, but;

How did you change? What still feels wrong? What same things are happening? What change of thought made you a little better?

What is a worst kind of happiness? there is no such thing, thats oxymornic, do you mean the worst kind of lack-of-pain, or the least kind of happiness? There can be no worst-happiness...?? Maybe you meant something else by your subjectline and used the wrong words?

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I tend to look for the bad in things myself; my depression I believe makes me see things in a different light. I'm working on changing this however cause I really want to be happier in life. Each person look at the world differently for many reasons. I do appreciate the small things in life though, very much so. =)

I like to hold onto and focus on the good -- but there simply is no good to focus on and hold onto. Life is completely bad. Id be happy anytime to have any good in life, and then mention it, talk about it, think about it.

Once in a while i was fooled by a false good in life, that was fraudulent, and I would speak highly and positive of it and tell others about it to give them hope to, but in each case it was something that back fired and made me worse.

So i cant honestly say Im pessimistic or focus on bad, so much as simply everything IS bad. I mean, i could say I have some food, or I dont have AIDS, but....

Gimme a lucky break and Id be happy to talk about that lucky break and tell others they can have the same and to keep head up. Instead, I have a life thats like taking a sack of 100 pennies, throwing it on the floor, and all 100 land on tails, which would be supernatural and reflect some sort of interference or intervention, because that would be 2 to the 100th power to 1 odds.

Latest posts

Back