There Can Be Diferent Types Of Lonliness, Which One Are You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot
She drives me crazy - Fine young cannibles
Crazy little thing called love - Queen
Crazy - Aerosmith

I'm not sure if I was born crazy or if it manufested during life, the fact that I have not been declared certifibly insane surprizes me, lol.

I'd say i'm 1,3,5.
Mostly one, I've got one true friend we just seem to do everything together and I get bored of it, but it's hard to make friends nowadays everyone is so sterotypical and judges you on looks. I'm shy, and people dont like shy..
I've tried not to be shy, but its hard for me.

3. Lack of an intimate relationship

and

5. People in general just don't understand you

:(

Cypha said:
I think there can be many types of lonliness, usually because of something that people lacks. Everyone may be effected by a few of these but which one effects you the most?

1. Not many friends

2. Little or no family

4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage

5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you

i am 1 and 3 and 5 and 5

Cypha said:
I think there can be many types of lonliness, usually because of something that people lacks. Everyone may be effected by a few of these but which one effects you the most?

1. Not many friends

2. Little or no family

4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage

5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you

1. Not many friends

I would go for:
1. Not many friends
It's true that my life would be more exciting if I had a relationship and a closer knit family. But I can live without that. I think the major factor is friendship, I value my friendship over everything else and not having them makes life very boring.

I would say the lack of an intimate relationship affects me greatly. While it is true I dont have many friends or a close family, in my whole life I have never had a friend that would care about me that much. Some people think I devalue myself but it is hard to devalue a worthless item. Truthfully I think I have a pretty good public mask I have used but as always I cant keep it on forever and it only takes one slip for people to run for cover or even erase me completely. Its hard being a complete mess.

I'm a bit of a few of them, 1, 2, and 6? I don't have a lot of friends, and I lack close relationships in my family because no one understands me. I have a very cruel and dark sense of humor, and I take more interest in the uncommon and unusual. It seems that most people either love me or hate me, I just need to find more open minded people to love me IRL.

For me-- 1, 2, 5 and 6 i guess.

I dont have many friends, i have one, but now my only friend is travelling round europe and is in week two of 6- i got no one to speak to! waaaaa! Serious- ive just realised how im dependant on em i am. Its bad.
2. Thats pretty selfexplanatory really...
5. I dont really care about the opposite sex (or any!)! haha im not chasing anyone like that but i thought id just put it in!
6. THis is more like it. Maybe im just making excuses for myself, or maybe people dont get me. Yep, i have a weird sense of humour, i dont really follow things that are important to most people my age and all the rest.

I guess im just me!

Ive got 1, 2, 3, and 6, and on top of it, every time I try to make friends by going out somewhere, I have trouble talking to people and Im literally surrounded by people with their friends, I get reminded of how lonely I am and my morale drops to a point of no return.

I am 2 and 3-no family and no close relationship. I'm trying hard to make a life for myself, and to meet someone, as the loneliness can be so heavy.

Basically 3, romantic relationships. I don't really understand it that much. I have some threads about it on here. I have a fair amount of friends and not just where I live but some places around the world too. Most people like me and my social skills are fine. I'm also taller and better looking than most people from what I'm told. But I hardly ever get a proper relationship.

I can get dates fairly easily. Women will show some interest but then when you get up close and get to know them more after a couple dates very few seem like they are right. I guess I'm a pretty specific person, not mainstream, though I have a wide range of interests and can talk to and make friends with most people. That basically sums up who I am. Very specific but broad and outgoing also.

The concept of sex makes me lonely too. I like sex a lot and have a high sex drive. However we have a sex obsessed society and I think sex has really been degraded. I don't like hearing people bragging about all their meaningless sex and random partners and whatnot. The irony is I'm sure I'm better in bed than these people, more sexual and more loving, but it's longer for me between partners basically than for most people and let alone finding the right girl to be really serious with which hasn't really happened yet...

Latest posts

Back