There Can Be Diferent Types Of Lonliness, Which One Are You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cypha said:
The ones which apply:
1. Not many friends
3. Lack of an intimate relationship
6. People in general just don't understand you

1. I don't care much about numbers,
3. I may be in intimate relationship with my wife, but I guess that a level of intimacy (not necessarily of sexual dimension) in friendship is important,
6. This is my biggest problem, I'm afraid, but as long as there are couple friends around, it doesn't really matter.

Some things have changed already a bit over my last 2 weeks on ALL :)

1. Not many friends

5. People in general just don't understand you

Cypha said:
... I think there can be many types of lonliness, usually because of something that people lacks. Everyone may be effected by a few of these but which one effects you the most ...

1. Not many friends: Check

2. Little or no family: Check

3. Lack of an intimate relationship: Check

4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage: N/A

5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you: Check

5. People in general just don't understand you: Check

1 - I have no friends. But I've made my peace with this one.
3 - No relationship. *sniffle.

5 - This one simply because I'm lonely. And people don't get that. Loneliness seems ******* alien and disgusting to the great majority of people.

Can definately relate to 1. and 3. although the friends I do have are lovely there lives are going in different directions, and being single not having the intimacy is lonely

For me it stems from not having a lot of confidence always "keeping my distance" from people so my loneliness is because I find it hard to get close to people

Lack of close relationships (friend or partner) and no one understanding me are my main triggers of loneliness. I do have 'old' friends but not having been able to make 1 new friend in 15 years really hits me hard even though ive had countless opportunities to. Im a failure.

Cypha said:
I think there can be many types of lonliness, usually because of something that people lacks. Everyone may be effected by a few of these but which one effects you the most?

1. Not many friends

2. Little or no family

4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage

5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you

5. People in general just don't understand you

wow this is a good list

1 - yes 2 - yes 3- maybe not the very very few I have are intimate
4 no, no relationship
5 yes 6 YES definitely, the root of my problems

1. Not many friends = Yes (I think this is the major one that affects me)

2. Little or no family =
Yes (This one doesnt affect me much honestly because i never even knew them my whole life, so i cant really even imagine what its like to have a family)

3. Lack of an intimate relationship=
Yes i miss having somebody to confide in and know i can trust

4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage=
Yes but its my fault mostly because of my mental issues

5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you =
Yes but not because they dont understand me but just because im sort of a non issue.

6. People in general just don't understand you = Yes i always feel like no matter what i do or say or how i phrase something or if i stand on top of a building lighting myself on fire most of the time they still wouldnt get it. When it does happen something else usually happens and the person moves on anyway so i dont know, they dont understand me, and i dont understand them.

1. Not many friends-I have friends, though sometimes don't don't feel close to them.
2. Little or no family-I have no family and this makes me feel incredibly alone in the world.
3. Lack of an intimate relationship-this applies to me as well.
4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage-I have noone, am still looking.
5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you-partly true. In the Aspergers group I go to, it is mostly men and they understand me, but men in general and people in general don't really understand me, apart from those who are empathic, lonely or who have noone themseleves.

All of the above D:

1. Not many friends
Zero friends.

2. Little or no family
I have no relatives besides my parents who don't like me, treat me like a child, yet I'm 31 years old. My elderly mother who has a bad memory now swears at me and calls me a "f-ing liar" although I'm not lying, she just doesn't remember!

Never had a real boyfriend.

4. Being alienated in a relationship or marriage

5. The opposite sex doesn't understand you

6. People in general just don't understand you

1,2, & 3. and 5B, which I assumed to be 6, but I didn't want to seem like a snobby *******. Perhaps it was done on purpose. :)

I have a selective loneliness, which means that although people want to be with me and seek me out all the time, I prefer spending most of my time alone. Guess I'm a lonewolf after all :)

1. Not many friends - Basically no friends, I really miss company, lasting friends, and doing fun things with people. If only that was different I might be content with things, even though I completely lack in the relationship/partner area as well..

and

5. People in general just don't understand you - Including, I feel most people can't relate to my personal history.. I feel people don't or wouldn't understand why I do, feel or like the things I do, and I also feel that people project their own dreams and ideals onto me and evaluate my life according to that, rather than by what I personally want.

I have family but no friends and no romance.

And yes people don't understand me, because I refuse to partake in the lies of the modern world.

Everybody thinks "I'm beautiful, rich, and will live forever. I'm very important."

And I correct them "You're ugly, poor, you will die like everyone else, and you are just one out of 7 billion, a speck, a cog in a machine"

So naturally people get upset at that.

1--2 phone friends and a few that I email or write to
2--little family and they push me away
3--no intimate relationship and where I live there is no where to go unless you have a car and I can't work, so my chances of
getting into one is very slim

1 - While I do have a few, I usually isolate myself due to being too shy and sensitive, making friendships with me often boring and/or frustrating. There is always someone worth more to someone else than me.

3 - Though this is by choice. I would be a neglectful boyfriend, and my isolation would drive her away. Better not feel from it rather than bear the guilt and heartbreak of ruining a relationship myself.

5 - If you saw me in real life, you would see me as weird, and would likely walk away to not be embarrassed around me. I also have trouble with understanding subtlety as well as body language due to my Asperger's, leading people to have a different interpretation of who I am.

That being said, *hugs* to everyone here.

Latest posts

Back