Things I Just Don't Get

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneKiller said:
1. Redheads- We call people with orange hair "Redheads". It's not red. It's ******* orange. They should be called "Orangeheads".

Wow! you're right about that. Funny, in spanish is the same, the word literally means "red"... I wonder if there is a language that actaually calls them "orange"... there has to be at least 1 of all the languages in the world...

Well, I would imagine that they are called "redheads" because "red" rhymes with "head", therefore making the label more palatable to the tongue. Interestingly enough, there are very few idiomatic expressions with the word "orange" in them. This makes sense when we consider that the word "orange" is probably one of the most phonetically distinct out of the many words of English.

At the same time, we should never rule out the possibility that such an expression might be included in the future: Take for example something like, "Hey! You stepped on my toe you orange orangutan!" (My apologies to all gingers in advance.) :(

Now then, things that I do not understand...

That's kind of a problem. I have the rather unfortunate tendency to search for answers to mundane stuff. Usually, if I can not find a direct answer at present, I substitute the most plausible-sounding answer by default.

As an example: Why do snickers bars have those strange patterns on the bottom of their chocolate shells? I might imagine that the method in which they are made has something to do with it. Given that it is likely snickers bars are mass produced in factories, I would probably imagine that the designs on the conveyor belts impress themselves into the snicker's bars or something like that. I can only imagine a conveyor belt would have to have some sort of grooves in order to improve traction against a slippery substance such as warm chocolate.

At the same time, this is complete conjecture on my part. I really have no authoritative source. It seems plausible enough, though.

However, in the spirit of jolly good fun(Oh wow I love jolly good fun. :D), please allow me a few minutes:

Got it. Why the hell haven't they made a Legend of Zelda Movie yet? This, I do not understand. :(

Red head - it rhymes, things that rhyme stick. GG Wessik!

What do I not get?

Paid enough
How some women think
How to say the right thing at the right time
How to not be nervous when I shouldn't be and have no reason to be
How to treat people well without turning myself into a doormat
How to implement the solutions I've come up with for the problems in my life
Why so many people who have come together here can still be so lonely

The insanity of the human race...and croutons. Why the hell would you put hard stale bread in a fresh salad?

JasonM said:
The insanity of the human race...and croutons. Why the hell would you put hard stale bread in a fresh salad?

It turns crunchy lettuce even crunchier!!! If you don't like your croutons send em this way :D:D:D

LoneKiller said:
Those who go out and buy a $200 pen. Also a gold lighter for just as much, if not more when a $2 Bic works just as well.

I wonder what's so special about those pens? they don't even have mp3 or bluetooth :p

I don't get:

*Why we have to iron clothes - who came up with the idea that we should not be allowed to wear clothes with crinkles?

*Polishing the outside of cars - Why do we need to have shiny cars?:rolleyes:

Why I have to pay $50 for a 8 gigabytes sd card and then pay he same amount for a 8 MEGABYTES ps2 memory card...

People in a hurry who are waiting for the elevator, walk up and press the button a bunch of times like the **** thing is going to come any quicker.

The groups of teenage girls that camp the elevators, when you get in, they rush in and press all the buttons. Lol! :)

Or how managers/senior staff at work will actually get in the lift and just stand there like zombies waiting for someone else to press the floor button for them because they’re far too important to press it themselves!

People who treat their animals like living dolls, and then unleash their ill-mannered, thieving, pissing, quarrelsome, always-in-the-way pests on the rest of the world.

People who keep their gfs on a leash and calls them every hr to see what their doing and who they're talking too. Give me a break...

I don't get the stupid things invented that we don't need.

Just laughed at TV ad for a nail polish bottle holder ! ????? how my life will change now I don't have to use the dressing table top !

LoneKiller said:
WallflowerGirl83 said:
People who keep their gfs on a leash and calls them every hr to see what their doing and who they're talking too. Give me a break...
A lot of trust going on there huh?

Lol. It's how my ex bf was. To be honest. Yeah he had trust issues lol.
Loads of them.

Latest posts

Back