Things I Just Don't Get

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Yeah it's 10:00pm, can't wait.. ohhh look at them strangers argue! Yeah! They're really goin' at it, wow this is great. Ohhhhh shiiiit look at her kicking off - *gasp* now she's crying!! OMG I gotta see what's gonna happen next, I just can't get enough of this, oh man it's so good, my eyes have become part of the TV it's that good, please no talking now I gotta hear what they say!!"

^ I don't get this.

1) Why guys ever like me. I'm not attractive by any standard.
2) Why people stand an inch behind each other in normal sized lines as though it will move faster that way.
3) Why driving the speed limit is considered rude.
4) How to carry on banal small talk and enjoy it- the weather, your hair is growing out, where are you from?, what do you do?
5) How people can walk past homeless people while stuffing their faces with food and feel nothing.
6) Putting your only napkin on your lap.
7) One napkin only.
8) Why people are enamored with babies feet. Why not their hands?
9) Why Kraft easy mac comes with the same amount of cheese for one serving as for a whole box. (the box should come with more)
10) Carpet.
11) Having animals in the house but making people take their shoes off before entering.( animals don't wipe, they bathe rarely, and don't brush their teeth. Would you let a person sit on your couch naked who was like that?)
12) Why anyone likes hot weather.
13) Tourist traps. Where does that get fun? It's like paying a stripper to tell you what you want to hear and be nice to you instead of being herself.
14) Optimism

Revengineer said:
Oh man... this is my kind of thread for sure.

1) The practice of throwing 20 pages of fine print at people, and asking whether or not we "Agree to the Terms and Conditions." Of course we're going to say yes, who the hell actually spends a second reading any of that?
2) Why a typical four-year college in the United States is hundreds of times more expensive than colleges in other parts of the world.
3) Why iced coffee costs more than regular coffee. It's coffee with ice. Freaking ice.
3a) Why a cheeseburger is like 50 cents more expensive than a regular burger. They are literally charging half a dollar for a single slice of cheese. What a ripoff.
4) The current practice of putting medical students through medieval sleep-deprivation torture, while expecting them to somehow effectively acquire the skills needed to become a decent doctor.
5) Bullying.
6) The human race's obsession with material wealth and status.
7) What is love? (Baby don't hurt me...)
8) Why women aren't allowed to propose marriage.
9) Boobs, why are they so awesome? xD
10) Why we are compelled to put more and more of our lives online, when it is becoming more and more obvious that NOTHING online is truly private. It doesn't matter how "secure" your information is: if someone wants it bad enough, they will find it.

Trust me, I can think of a lot more... complaining comes very naturally to me. :p
What kind of on line information?

WL7.3 said:
2) Why people stand an inch behind each other in normal sized lines as though it will move faster that way.

Right?! I have had to resort to the 'I'm-sorry-did-I-step-on-your-toe-with-my-spike-heel' trick on occasion. That, or an 'accidental' elbow jab to the ribs typically encourages someone to back up outta my personal space. :)

MissGuided said:
WL7.3 said:

Right?! I have had to resort to the 'I'm-sorry-did-I-step-on-your-toe-with-my-spike-heel' trick on occasion. That, or an 'accidental' elbow jab to the ribs typically encourages someone to back up outta my personal space. :)
Ha! I'll have to try that. I would also like to try frantically scratching my ass.

LoneKiller said:
SophiaGrace said:
Yeah, I agree. They say it's all about power. To me it's all about a guy finding something to really get his rocks off in such a horrendous way. Could rape be considered a fetish?

I guess, I have been told by one girl that her fantasy is being raped. She's probably just being dumb but I suppose (with consent and some planning) it could be considered the same as being under the power of a dominatrix

WL7.3 said:
1) Why guys ever like me. I'm not attractive by any standard.
3) Why driving the speed limit is considered rude.
4) How to carry on banal small talk and enjoy it- the weather, your hair is growing out, where are you from?, what do you do?
5) How people can walk past homeless people while stuffing their faces with food and feel nothing.
6) Putting your only napkin on your lap.
7) One napkin only.
8) Why people are enamored with babies feet. Why not their hands?
9) Why Kraft easy mac comes with the same amount of cheese for one serving as for a whole box. (the box should come with more)
10) Carpet.
11) Having animals in the house but making people take their shoes off before entering.( animals don't wipe, they bathe rarely, and don't brush their teeth. Would you let a person sit on your couch naked who was like that?)
12) Why anyone likes hot weather.
13) Tourist traps. Where does that get fun? It's like paying a stripper to tell you what you want to hear and be nice to you instead of being herself.
14) Optimism

Revengineer said:
Oh man... this is my kind of thread for sure.

1) The practice of throwing 20 pages of fine print at people, and asking whether or not we "Agree to the Terms and Conditions." Of course we're going to say yes, who the hell actually spends a second reading any of that?
2) Why a typical four-year college in the United States is hundreds of times more expensive than colleges in other parts of the world.
3) Why iced coffee costs more than regular coffee. It's coffee with ice. Freaking ice.
3a) Why a cheeseburger is like 50 cents more expensive than a regular burger. They are literally charging half a dollar for a single slice of cheese. What a ripoff.
4) The current practice of putting medical students through medieval sleep-deprivation torture, while expecting them to somehow effectively acquire the skills needed to become a decent doctor.
5) Bullying.
6) The human race's obsession with material wealth and status.
7) What is love? (Baby don't hurt me...)
8) Why women aren't allowed to propose marriage.
9) Boobs, why are they so awesome? xD
10) Why we are compelled to put more and more of our lives online, when it is becoming more and more obvious that NOTHING online is truly private. It doesn't matter how "secure" your information is: if someone wants it bad enough, they will find it.

Trust me, I can think of a lot more... complaining comes very naturally to me. :p
What kind of on line information?

Ok double post here, and responses to double quotes so sue me.

1. Don't go there.... Heck if you want to test this out skype me (jzinsky) and we can talk and I'll see how intellectually attractive you are :p
2. Douchebags? I leave a gap in front of me, and subtley lean to one side every couple of minutes :D
3. Yeah... It's fustrating when it's 3am and you're in a hurry but I'll never give someone abuse for doing the speed limit (well within the confines of my car I will!)
4."Too much small talk, leads to a small mind. So tell me what your views are and I will tell you mine"
5. You've got to.. In some places there are just so many that if you gave each one a buck you'd go through your month's salary in a night.
12. I reserve the right to complain about hot weather, since I don't complain about the cold
14. If I didn't have optimism then... Well... "If you're going to die, they'd only drown you at birth"

And now:

1. I do now, having fell foul to them enough. Really annoys some sales people too who have lost £10k on a car because I refuse to sign the agreement there and then.
2. Oh I don't know, in the uk it can run up to about $54k, and that's just tuition.
3. Iced coffee? A hot drink? But cold? Serves you right that's nasty
4. Doctors will go through that when they're doctoring...
5. "Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school there'd be a Microsoft? Of course not, you've got to spend your days stuffed in a gym locker with your underwear up your crack before you say 'I'm going to take over the world with computers, you'll see!' "
6. Hmm... I'm not too obsessed with posessions (and anyone that is doesn't have enough personality to cover it) but I do like the idea of having enough money to not have to do anything I don't want to
8. Women can, women should, it's stupid to wait for him to think of it.
9. Oh wow.. that's like saying why is bacon so awesome

1- I don't get the words of a person who strikes against someone by mistake thereby making him fall down and then says "did it really hurt?"
2- I don't get the people who take things without seeking permission and then say. "We just took it. Hope you won't mind."

I don't get employers - are they ******* stupid?

LoneKiller said:
Have you ever heard someone say: "I'm telling you the honest truth."? Is this as opposed to the dishonest truth?

I think by using inputting the word honest they're trying to "back up" their truth. Weather that's the actual truth is a different question.

When people drive way out of their way to save $.05 or $.10 off a gallon on gas, and they end up paying more because of the gas they burn to drive there.

Garbageman said:
When people drive way out of their way to save $.05 or $.10 off a gallon on gas, and they end up paying more because of the gas they burn to drive there.

Quite difficult to do this side of the pond. It's £.10 per litre here so that rather adds up. Still not worth going a great distance though

LoneKiller said:

It's just one of those things that makes you feel good, releases endorphins etc.. or some people just do it to look ... "cool".

Latest posts

Back