Things People Do Or/And Say That Disgust You And Piss You Off

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL _ I will send you some after christmas if you like it, what flavour would you like semtex ?

Being really loud chip and cheery at 8:00am on a cloudy cold rainy Monday morning. You're not happy to be here, nobody is! And if you're two women (one of which just got back from a vacation)......please don't do the thing where you yell "HIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIEEEEEE :):):):):):):)" super loud/high pitched on said crappy Monday morning. I'd prefer not to start the work week with my ears bleeding. Some of us are miserable/trying to work...and it would really hamper my productivity if I had to stop coding just to jab you in the throat.

When someone is constantly nagging me and won't let me have any breathing room.

People who spit on the floor, especially without any regard for people watching.

1) Hypocrisy...take your own advice!
2) Dishonesty - you must hurt to heal, be honest even if the situation sucks
3) Big Egos & Tiny Brains/Obnoxious People - I mean, really?
4) People That Take a Million Years to Write Back - not sure why this bothers me so much...

I tried to think of more, but this is about it.

People who constantly whine about their lives, but yet do nothing to change their situation. Seriously take some responsibility, take control of your own life and stop being the perpetual victim. We all have bad days; it's what you choose to do with it all that makes you who you are.

I'll lend a shoulder once, maybe twice, but I have no interest in carrying anyone through this life.

Fin

Shop assistants suggesting I buy things at the checkout… "would you like to add a drink or chocolate bar with that today sir?"

This pisses me off on two counts.

Firstly and obviously, if I did want a drink or chocolate bar I would have already picked one up, stop trying to fleece a few more pence out of me by assuming I don’t know what I want to eat.

Secondly and just as annoying, the use of "today" at the end... where has that surfaced from? "Would you like to go large, today sir?", "would you like chips with that, today sir?" So what?... as opposed to wanting it yesterday or next week? It’s just an Americanism (sorry Americans) that has gone viral, it makes people sound like robots the way they've all picked it up.

The Good Citizen said:
Secondly and just as annoying, the use of "today" at the end... where has that surfaced from? "Would you like to go large, today sir?", "would you like chips with that, today sir?" So what?... as opposed to wanting it yesterday or next week? It’s just an Americanism (sorry Americans) that has gone viral, it makes people sound like robots the way they've all picked it up.

Oh No! I am not taking the fall for this one. ;)

JasonM said:
The Good Citizen said:

Ha I thought I might get it in the neck for that, it just sounds American in that "have a nice day now!!!!" sort of way, maybe I’m being unfair! :p

I remember walking into a Disney store for the first time, years ago in Birmingham (the uk one) and being greeted by a pearly white smile and a big "Hi there, welcome to Disney!!!" it startled me, I thought I was about to be jumped! Usually in the UK you're lucky if you get a grunt from your average shop assistant. I was sort of ok with the dour British grumpiness too, it was nice and impersonal, but now I have to engage in all sorts of chirpy patter. Urgh..

The Good Citizen said:
JasonM said:
The Good Citizen said:

Ha I thought I might get it in the neck for that, it just sounds American in that "have a nice day now!!!!" sort of way, maybe I’m being unfair! :p

I remember walking into a Disney store for the first time, years ago in Birmingham (the uk one) and being greeted by a pearly white smile and a big "Hi there, welcome to Disney!!!" it startled me, I thought I was about to be jumped! Usually in the UK you're lucky if you get a grunt from your average shop assistant. I was sort of ok with the dour British grumpiness too, it was nice and impersonal, but now I have to engage in all sorts of chirpy patter. Urgh..

We americans like a happy beginning and a happy ending. :cool:

Latest posts

Back