Things You Regret You Did

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AncientBard said:
Didn't tell my drunken father to Piss off and pursue my passion as an artist, I was afraid of that guy though. He was a mean drunk and he hit hard. Still, it's life biggest regret for me. I wish I could go back and change it.

(oh look, dead is replying to old posts :/)

i didn't see this at the time, but..
my parents did pretty much the same. my father managed to be violent without external impetus, but the rest is pretty much the same.
my stuff would be searched through, any drawings/anything unrelated to schoolwork would be torn/thrown out.

i'm studying art now, at 28. and... while it's definitely harder to think of a huge change once you're out of your 20's - it is possible. don't give up on your dreams yet.

(oh, and ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))). i do hope to see your art one day.)

Let's see

Just about everything I did in my life from age 13 to now
13, the number of death, I have been on the wrong road all this time...

dead said:
my parents did pretty much the same. my father managed to be violent without external impetus, but the rest is pretty much the same.
my stuff would be searched through, any drawings/anything unrelated to schoolwork would be torn/thrown out.

i'm studying art now, at 28. and... while it's definitely harder to think of a huge change once you're out of your 20's - it is possible. don't give up on your dreams yet.

(oh, and ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))). i do hope to see your art one day.)

I didn't give up but I wasn't able to finish University for Music which was my desire since I was a child. I still play, I still write and record and have published music for broadcast radio and television. I'm lucky enough to have a home studio that rivals many commercial studios I've worked in and a Computer Science degree which put's me in the chair as a mixing and mastering engineer pretty easily in most studios. Still, I would have rather been a college band director then a software engineer. I picked CS because I knew in a few scant years all audio and video would be in the digital realm and I could return to music in some capacity through it.

My Father stepped on my Les Paul neck and broke it in two because he didn't want me playing any in music. I washed dishes for 2 years to buy that guitar when I was a teen. I was really glad to get away from him for years until he quit drinking.

I'm glad you returned to Art school before your 20's were over. You still have great neural net learning capacity in your brain at your age. Follow your passion, it wont ever lie. Do you have a deviant account so I can check out your art Dead? I would like to see it.

AncientBard said:
dead said:

I didn't give up but I wasn't able to finish University for Music which was my desire since I was a child. I still play, I still write and record and have published music for broadcast radio and television. I'm lucky enough to have a home studio that rivals many commercial studios I've worked in and a Computer Science degree which put's me in the chair as a mixing and mastering engineer pretty easily in most studios. Still, I would have rather been a college band director then a software engineer. I picked CS because I knew in a few scant years all audio and video would be in the digital realm and I could return to music in some capacity through it.

My Father stepped on my Les Paul neck and broke it in two because he didn't want me playing any in music. I washed dishes for 2 years to buy that guitar when I was a teen. I was really glad to get away from him for years until he quit drinking.

I'm glad you returned to Art school before your 20's were over. You still have great neural net learning capacity in your brain at your age. Follow your passion, it wont ever lie. Do you have a deviant account so I can check out your art Dead? I would like to see it.

Wow, that is wonderful! well, you can record and play your own music, you have even published your works - in my book - you still won.

and well, as to learning age - i think that one can continue learning throughout their lives. i don't think there is an age cap on that. However... self doubts being of the somewhat illogical nature, sometimes i doubt just what could i possibly contribute, especially since i would need to study so much yet.

but... reading this adds strength to my (rather resilient) hope. thank you for sharing, AncientBard!

Phaedron said:
Let's see

Just about everything I did in my life from age 13 to now
13, the number of death, I have been on the wrong road all this time...

Phaedron, the past has nothing to do with the future. it's gone, and you are free to pick a different way for you now.

learn your lessons - and go on a new road. i, for one, think that someone like you would probably pick an interesting one.

:)

I do have some regrets in my life...I don*t regret too many things I did, but things that I didn*t!

being a total dick in certain situations and being too dense to even realise or care about it at the time. looking back makes me cringe in shame at some of the things I've said, and continue to say from time to time when my mouth gets ahead of my better judgement.

engaging in gossip. worst. worst. worst.

"we laugh at honor and are shocked when we find knives in our backs." -Thrice

I regret: leaving a certain job, leaving my ex-boyfriend, abandoning my friends, my lousy life. I'm sorry, but I don't ever want to feel like I felt on two certain occasions - like the world just got rid of me. No one teaches you how to live, you just try to do your best. I make no excuses for my reckless behaviour.

Oh wait. I don't regret a thing. Looking back, I would do it all again.

LOL Iris that's funny you'd do it all again. You're right though, even with our parents, teachers, whomever, no one actually teaches us how to live in this world. They just teach us skills or lessons to get by.

You avatar is hilarious btw.

Sci-Fi: Some things in life are rather traumatic and our defense mechanisms are not always the best. Or I'm just a weak individual.

Thanks for the avatar, lol.

Sci-Fi,

I have done many things in my lifetime that I regret--many too personal for me to want to write here.

I have, however, realized that life goes on, and you have to forgive yourself and put it (WHATEVER IT IS!) in the past where it belongs.

WishingWell said:
Sci-Fi,

I have done many things in my lifetime that I regret--many too personal for me to want to write here.

I have, however, realized that life goes on, and you have to forgive yourself and put it (WHATEVER IT IS!) in the past where it belongs.

I agree. I've beat myself up over things in the past. It did me no good. Might as well try to learn from regrets and move on.

I have given up regretting anything. Regret hasn't changed me. Regret doesn't give me forgiveness so I am given the chance to change. Regret never has given me anything positive. So I do not regret.

i regret the fact that once i got really bad, instead of looking for help, i kinda "embraced" the loneliness and the darkness. then, everyone got scared of me, increasing my loneliness level. Now, since it's impossible to change the past, it's hard for me to start a new life, to leave loneliness behind. Everyone thinks i'm a creep, a weirdo, a violent and obscure guy... But i'm not. i'm a lovely, friendly and kind guy, but no one realizes that. Actually, looks like no one wants to see that.

Getting married and pissing away 16 years of my life that could have been spent finding my real "Miss Right". LOL

I have this thing that's been haunting me every so often. This year the regret's been particularly intense. No idea why.

I lost my truly best friend because I chose a particular path of getting out of a romantic relationship that was slowly killing me /the relationship, not the path/. My best friend got the facts wrong and misjudged me. I understand how that happened - I mean, standing aside, one might have thought I was the bitchy one, the bad and cruel one. I really wasn't. I tried to explain everything and set the facts right but to no avail. A few years later I gave it a go and contacted the 'friend' but was ignored. I wish I had fought for the friendship. He was worth it.

And I regret not telling my father how much I hated him. He died not knowing about it.

Latest posts

Back