Things you want to happen in 2014

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Bogey said:
Triple Bogey said:
I will change it to - Things I want to happen that probably won't in 2014

1. Golf Handicap down to scratch
2. Have a wild, passionate affair with a woman with blond hair.
3. Get offered a photography job taking photo's all around the world
4. Hull City to finish in the top 10

None of those did happen :)

But how much of that did you plan for? If we want stuff to happen, but don't make any plan to get it, then it's no surprise when it doesn't happen. That's something I've learned over the years.

I know you have a plan and a routine for your golf game, so with that, I'd say just keep working hard and don't give up on your dream.

With Hull City, I don't know what that is but it sounds like a team of some sort. If you were not on the team as a player, manager, or some other decision-maker, then their performance was entirely out of your control and therefore something you can't apply a plan to. Neither can you beat yourself up for this.

With the photography job, you could start doing some career research and see what it takes to become a professional photographer. You could look into what training and equipment you need, how much it will cost, how long it will take, what companies you can get a job with or if you want to start your own business, what salary or other income level you will need to sustain your desired lifestyle, and so on. You could set up an online photo portfolio on a free website, or even sites which charge a small hosting fee. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

With dating, I have had absolutely zero success there so I am reluctant to give advice other than to be your best possible self at all times and to stay positive. One thing I am trying to do to improve my behavior is to think, what do I think the girls I like would say if they could follow me around for a day or if they could read my thoughts? Do I think they would they be impressed and interested? If so, why? If not, why? And what can I change about it while still being true to the good parts of myself? Also, being positive makes sense because women seem to sense negativity and it will turn them away. I've been negative in the past and it's gotten me nowhere so now I'm trying the opposite because I feel like I know my negative way didn't work, so I should try to be positive. Anything has to be better than doing what I already know doesn't work.

I'm realizing that a big part of why I've gotten nowhere is that all my life, I haven't planned nearly enough. So I'm trying to plan more so I know where I'm going.

TheSkaFish said:
Triple Bogey said:
Triple Bogey said:
I will change it to - Things I want to happen that probably won't in 2014

1. Golf Handicap down to scratch
2. Have a wild, passionate affair with a woman with blond hair.
3. Get offered a photography job taking photo's all around the world
4. Hull City to finish in the top 10

None of those did happen :)

But how much of that did you plan for? If we want stuff to happen, but don't make any plan to get it, then it's no surprise when it doesn't happen. That's something I've learned over the years.

I know you have a plan and a routine for your golf game, so with that, I'd say just keep working hard and don't give up on your dream.

With Hull City, I don't know what that is but it sounds like a team of some sort. If you were not on the team as a player, manager, or some other decision-maker, then their performance was entirely out of your control and therefore something you can't apply a plan to. Neither can you beat yourself up for this.

With the photography job, you could start doing some career research and see what it takes to become a professional photographer. You could look into what training and equipment you need, how much it will cost, how long it will take, what companies you can get a job with or if you want to start your own business, what salary or other income level you will need to sustain your desired lifestyle, and so on. You could set up an online photo portfolio on a free website, or even sites which charge a small hosting fee. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

With dating, I have had absolutely zero success there so I am reluctant to give advice other than to be your best possible self at all times and to stay positive. One thing I am trying to do to improve my behavior is to think, what do I think the girls I like would say if they could follow me around for a day or if they could read my thoughts? Do I think they would they be impressed and interested? If so, why? If not, why? And what can I change about it while still being true to the good parts of myself? Also, being positive makes sense because women seem to sense negativity and it will turn them away. I've been negative in the past and it's gotten me nowhere so now I'm trying the opposite because I feel like I know my negative way didn't work, so I should try to be positive. Anything has to be better than doing what I already know doesn't work.

I'm realizing that a big part of why I've gotten nowhere is that all my life, I haven't planned nearly enough. So I'm trying to plan more so I know where I'm going.

The first one about golf, I really tried with that. I practised, I read up on the golf swing. I tried 100% every round. I believe one day I could get there.

Hull City are a team (not a very good one especially last year) but I had no control over that. All I could do was go to the matches and shout encouragement.

The one about photography is just a dream that will never probably happen.

The affair with a blond was a joke. Little chance of that. I've been hurt too many times. I don't want to go back to that, feeling miserable.

I hope you find success though. Your ideas are good and you deserve to find somebody soon ! :)

Triple Bogey said:
The first one about golf, I really tried with that. I practised, I read up on the golf swing. I tried 100% every round. I believe one day I could get there.

The affair with a blond was a joke. Little chance of that. I've been hurt too many times. I don't want to go back to that, feeling miserable.

Ahh but see, what if you studied and practiced the other things like photography and dating just like you practiced and studied your golf swing? Don't you think you might get better?

Triple Bogey said:
I hope you find success though. Your ideas are good and you deserve to find somebody soon ! :)

Thanks man :) I'm glad you think my ideas are sound. It makes me feel like I might finally be on the right track to figuring it out after all. And I'm also glad to see that you think I deserve to find somebody....I really hope so.

TheSkaFish said:
Triple Bogey said:

Ahh but see, what if you studied and practiced the other things like photography and dating just like you practiced and studied your golf swing? Don't you think you might get better?

Triple Bogey said:

Thanks man :) I'm glad you think my ideas are sound. It makes me feel like I might finally be on the right track to figuring it out after all. And I'm also glad to see that you think I deserve to find somebody....I really hope so.

No I am naturally good at golf. Photography, I guess I take some good photo's. Not professional standard though. Dating I am rubbish at. Always will be.

Latest posts

Back