This ain't f***in fair!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So?

• Happy parents / sad me

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sad parents / sad me

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Mixed parents / sad me

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I be happy!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
I think my dad has always been quite depressed, and my mother has alot of stress had anxiety as a kid (just like me) and very controlling.

ya i think i read about this in a magazine, and everyone has their own neutral line of emotions, so if nothing really happens, some people will be happy others will be sad, and if somg thing good happens you'll be happy but you'll soon revert to your mean line of emotions, and that trying to be happyier is like trying to be taller, it F* sucks

My parents are very narrow minded, keep to themselves, and don't know how to have fun. I've seen people around me who have "cool" parents who do not lecture them about smoking, drinking , etc and they are the happiest and most successful people. They feel comfortable with themselves because they had a good support system growing up, and never had anything bottled up. They feel confident and assertive. My parents did not value that at all, if anything they wanted me to be meek so I could succumb to their wishes. Depression is not that hard to understand. People who are repressed, have addictions, and have social problems have these problems for very understandable reasons. It basically goes back to their home environment and whether they were in a good environment to help them grow.

Everyone in my family is on antidepressants, so I'm pretty much boned emotionally

mine were a very happy couple, couldnt take the happiness anymore and divorced when i was in 1st grade lolz

I don't think my parents were happy at any time I've been alive, which might explain why "parents" became "parent" before I was promoted to the second grade. My mother has been unhappy for what feels like an eternity.

Mine divorced when I was 4.
mom remarried and got divored shortly after. Remarried again and argues with this one till this day.

I really wish that parents wouldn't have children for the sake of fitting in society. This causes undue suffering. Many parents try to make it seem like they are normal by having the 2.5 children that society deems acceptable while on the inside members of the family are falling apart due to abuse and neglect. Some parents say they love their children when in fact they just love abusing their children because they are too weak to take out to handle their own insecurities and they can't take it out on other adults. They think that they are doing the right thing by being strict when in fact their slowly torturing an innocent soul. It's pretty much like getting raped, for the child, because they're taking something from you that you can never get back. I have absolutely no sympathy for parents who lose their children due to bad upbringings and childhood trauma. They deserve the absolute worst that life has to offer.

yeah, that poll was hard to answer...both my parents have had low points, my mom struggled with eating disorders and alcoholic parents for a long time, but I think she is a generally happy person. My dad on the other hand...well thats a long story and I stopped talking to him about 4 years ago, I know he has struggled with drug addiction, alcohol, and depression...but I would like to think that despite my ancestory and past, I still have a lot of control over my own happiness. smiles and hugs everyone, parents can do some deep damage, but you are all still amazing :)

My dad was relatively happy, but it was being away from home that made it that way. Then again, objectively, my mom was really hard to deal with... chemical imbalances run in her side of the family. I love them both, and they've been married nearly 45 years. Then again... they spend next to no time together.... they both have seperate TV sets. Sigh... I hope I'm happy when I'm old.

Mum and dad were never married and they split up before I was born. My mum's an odd person, very introverted but quite happy in her own way, she's very into nature and all that. I've never really known my father, but when I saw him he seemed like he was happy enough.

I'm a miserable ******* on the other hand, since I was about 9. Guess it's just the result of a piss poor outlook on life. No genetics there then, just me as a person.

I'm generally a happy person but when I start dwelling on my past and my current situation I get depressed. My parents are divorced so I can't really compare them..

armor4sleepPA said:
.... they both have seperate TV sets.
omg what a great idea...are they both in the same room at the same time watching it?

just kidding
but separate tv thing i like

my parents pick at each other all of the time. it is really very depressing to spend anymore than a day or two around them.

Sarahlone said:
my parents pick at each other all of the time. it is really very depressing to spend anymore than a day or two around them.

Same here,you just want to go somewhere other then were they are.

It's just the way they act around you. As kids we're all so impressionable, we'll probably end up with the same view of life as our parents/carers.

I'm more pessimistic, like my dad, but I think everyone in the equation is happy. Average.

My dad is definately the unhappy sort. I think he feels very empty inside.Empty Empty Empty.

My mom, I think she is happy. She does feel frustrated over not being able to start a career because my brother is still at home and she feels she has to take care of him. I dont think she feels very valued... But I think she knows that I love her and that means lot to her.

Latest posts

Back