THIS NEEDS TO STOP

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissWrite726

Reaction score
Hello it has come to my attention that two members of our forum are internet harassing other members! Multiple private messages, blackening members reputations, constant IMs every time they come online, defamation of character and harassment is a crime in the "real world" and it should be online as well! As of yet it is not but we need this kind of thing to stop right now! People have killed themselves over things like this. To the two members who are doing this you know who you are so STOP IT! I have been asked by the subjects not to reveal who they or the harassers are but if it was up to me I would certainly take care of it. If you are being harassed TELL A MOD![/font]

MissWrite726 said:
If you are being harassed TELL A MOD!

Yes turn it over to a mod.

People so patheticly insecure they find comfort in bothering others? Oh, dear. It's truly sad when someone even becomes isolated through their own actions on a site with such a welcoming and understanding audience like this ones.

Any incidences of "cyber-bullying" will be taken extremely seriously.

While I can understand a desire not to fan the flames of any incident, just messaging a moderator does not mean that the matter will be taken further against the perpertrators if no such activity is desired.

I speak for all the moderators when I say that a victim's confidentiality is also very important to us.

there was this lady who caught a guy who went to several sites to encourage people into suicide. they were able to get his ISP and connected it to her and the others, and he was charged with murder.

ever since then it actually is against the law.

the state, and country you live in, is the state and country which will prosecute with their laws. even if the person doesnt live in the same area as you. contact your local authorities for what they have to offer. its usually hard to apprehend someone for an online crime, but once apprehended, there are thousands of charges that can be issued to convict them. network sites like this are hotlist for investigation, due to users under the age of 18 and unstable individuals.

http://www.wiredsafety.org/911/stalking_overview.html

Why not bring it out in the open...that's the thier game.
Why you do feel guilty for not bring it out in the open?
What type of mind trip or manipulations have they've done to ask people not to reveal thier names?

Evently they're doing in the open and don't mind. They don't care who they hurt...so why are they being protected?

Manipulators, bullies, abusive people are never going to admit to anything...that's a given.
They're not going to change..that's a given.
However they must be confronted head on and revealed. No negociations, no emotional black mail,
no guilt trip. it's non acceptable and bascailly tell them to fresia -off.
They will continue to do as long as they can get away with it...that's a given.
Sugar coat it, be professional about it. Never the less it's still the same principle.

If you are well enough. And know yourself enough...they not going to effect you.
However ...there's not a lot of well people on here.

SophiaGrace said:
She cant LC, it's against forum rules to do so.

That's part of thier game...you're are expect to play by the rules
and they don't. That's the first thing they're going to
use is the rules....

SophiaGrace said:
She cant LC, it's against forum rules to do so.

Should make it clear that you must be talking about the public posting of PMs being against the rules, which it is.

Bringing it out in the open that John Does is harassing you, is not against the rules. Still best to bring the issue to a mod.

i say this with all possibly humility i can muster...

but how do we know this harassment is actually occuring?

sometimes the person doing the accusing, is actually behaving worsely than the supposed perpetrator. also, sometimes you are only seeing a "reaction" to what somebody else already did, which may be worse.

my advice would be to stay out of it. that's what every bad situation needs: more people involved...

i'm just saying.

Just_Some_Dude said:

sometimes the person doing the accusing, is actually behaving worsely than the supposed perpetrator. also, sometimes you are only seeing a "reaction" to what somebody else already did, which may be worse.

my advice would be to stay out of it. that's what every bad situation needs: more people involved...

i'm just saying.

but...but...but....I feel left out:(
How come I don't get to spend some quality time with those people?
It would good for me...I can get all me crusing and name calling
done in de PMs and I'll curse less in the open forum:D

Lonesome Crow said:
but...but...but....I feel left out:(
How come I don't get to spend some quality time with those people?
It would good for me...I can get all me crusing and name calling
done in de PMs and I'll curse less in the open forum:D

too bad, beeeotch! :club:

Just_Some_Dude said:

i'm just saying.

I completely understand where you are coming from but I know exactly what's going on and the perpetrators are doing a lot of damage and I've seen what they have done and it's completely wrong I know that getting too involved is none of my business but I'm just trying to help be supportive and protect others

MissWrite726 said:
I completely understand where you are coming from but I know exactly what's going on and the perpetrators are doing a lot of damage and I've seen what they have done and it's completely wrong I know that getting too involved is none of my business but I'm just trying to help be supportive and protect others
and i completely understand where you are coming from too, just be careful, that is all i am saying. i am deeply suspect of anyone who would confide being deeply troubled about harassment to a sixteen year old girl and not to the owners/administrators of a website. just go in with both eyes open...:)

oarivan said:
Report it to the mods and be done with it.

That's what I'm thinking. No reason to make a huge emotional yell to the entire forum about it. Just settle it quietly and move on.

----Steve

Sometimes it is better to make it a public problem, make sure nobody does it... Although only if done correctly will it work... This wasn't totally the correct way of going about it.

Latest posts

Back