Thomas] timidly knocking on your door ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas]

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum; over the past few years I've been through what feels like a lot of hurt and emotional distress. I found this community, and I'd really like to be a part of it. I want to share all of the things I have learnt about all the mistakes I have made, and help others not to do the same.

So a little about me ...

My name is Thomas (bet you never guessed that!), I'm 20 and currently studying computer science + business at Exeter in the UK.

I'm generally very lazy and I love to sleep! I'm pretty quiet / shy, pretty closed and pretty... to the point about things. I think about things way too much; usually looking too deep into everything ;p. I lack a lot of self confidence, and generally beat myself up over mistakes I have made... It's a bit stupid, because I say to others - "what's done is done, you have to learn and move on"... But I can't really practice what I preach in that respect :f.

My main hobbies and likes are reading / writing, creating / playing / listening to music, teaching, sleeping, racket sports / football and watching a range of animes / sitcoms. I love to play acoustic songs on my guitar and sing. but I'm really not very good at either.

On the negative side... I mainly dislike arrogance. And having to wake up in the mornings, ergh.

Thanks very much to anyone who's read this. :shy:

Welcome to the forums. I like sleep too, my snooze button gets a lot of use.

Hello,

Great introduction. I hope you have a good time here. Welcome :)

When i read your post, you felt really emotionally distant to me for some reason. Like there was a vaccum where your words were. :s

SophiaGrace said:
When i read your post, you felt really emotionally distant to me for some reason. Like there was a vaccum where your words were. :s

Thank you for the welcomes everyone :shy:

Sophia, thanks for telling me that... I'm honestly not too surprised though. I used to be a closed book anyway before well... You can read about my essay of fails and mistakes in the relationships forum if you have 30 minutes to kill :(. But I think over the past few years, I've lost a lot of my character and become a lot more isolated so... I hope you don't think of me as really boring or dull cos of this though =x

No you didn't come off as boring or dull.

It was...something else.

Like no emotion, like, you were so soft spoken that...like...idk...it felt like you were talking in a normal voice across a room or something. It was really weird, I've never encountered that before reading text from someone.

Maybe its just me.

SophiaGrace said:
No you didn't come off as boring or dull.

It was...something else.

Like no emotion, like, you were so soft spoken that...like...idk...it felt like you were talking in a normal voice across a room or something.

I do this :(

It's nice that you recognise this, thank you :shy:

Thomas hello. I hope you find this community adds to your life what you felt was missing, or helps anyway.

Latest posts

Back