Three grils/ can't choose

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheaptrickfan said:
Oh Minty. I never would have guessed that you'd go that au naturale.

Wow. I am learning so may things today. :eek:

I was gonna mention cedar planks too... but I didn't want sound like a complete pervert :p

mintymint said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Oh Minty. I never would have guessed that you'd go that au naturale.

Wow. I am learning so may things today. :eek:

I was gonna mention cedar planks too... but I didn't want sound like a complete pervert :p

*faints dead away*

Minty, I never knew you!

EveWasFramed said:
You don't like "grils" who have gas? Isn't that kind of a double standard, Minus? :club:

Naw no double standard. I also heat with rock that are warmed by burning cedar planks.

Best thread hijack I've seen in a long time. I give it a 6. Meaning, I read it all the way through, but probably wouldn't read it again unless I was bored or really needed a laugh.

Mentioning that a thread is hijacked within the thread itself is like a character in a movie saying, "This isn't a movie!" It only highlights the fact that it is indeed a movie, thus killing that blessed illusion of reality that a movie truly is. It's the same with a thread.

Thanks a bunch, coricopat. (UN) :p

Minus said:
EveWasFramed said:
You don't like "grils" who have gas? Isn't that kind of a double standard, Minus? :club:

Naw no double standard. I also heat with rock that are warmed by burning cedar planks.

Oh my. :shy:

This thread has me hungry for some barbeque, but my ex took the grill when we split. I really do need a gril(l).

rvkj9l.jpg

cheaptrickfan said:
This thread has me hungry for some barbeque, but my ex took the grill when we split. I really do need a gril(l).

I don't think that i have touched the thing in a couple years. I should get it out this summer and see if i still know how to use it.

I could really go for some ribs. OMG. *sigh* I am such a failure as a vegan.

i was wondering about that, thinking you were a vegan.

*sigh* I am a self-loathing omnivore. But omg meat tastes so good!! My vegan friends all say, "But, Babs, if babies tasted good would you eat them too?"

And I have to think first before answering. :eek:

I don't know if it is accurate to equate being an omnivore with being a cannibal. I can understand being a vegetarian or a vegan for a lot of reasons but the self righteous attitude of some sort of puzzles me. I don't make it as being a great meat fan or as a vegetarian.

Red meat makes it more likely you'll have a heart attack if you eat too much each day.

Minus said:
I don't know if it is accurate to equate being an omnivore with being a cannibal. I can understand being a vegetarian or a vegan for a lot of reasons but the self righteous attitude of some sort of puzzles me. I don't make it as being a great meat fan or as a vegetarian.

No, it's not that they mean that you're a cannibal precisely, just how far would you be willing to go to eat something just because it tastes good... without regard for the cruelty behind it. Even though I enjoy meat I can not eat foie gras because of how the goose's liver is made fatty. I also avoid factory-farmed veal. If someone can guarantee that the little calves got a chance to frolic before they were slaughtered, then I'd eat it.

And yeah, the self-righteous attitude of a lot of vegans gets me too, but I'm a live and let live sort of person. Even when I was a serious vegan I didn't berate meat-eaters for their choices. People's choices are their own. So, a lot of my vegan acquaintances thought I was a shitty vegan because I was not 100% hardcore into the ethical reasons for not eating meat.

However, this does not mean that I don't think that the Big Agribusiness model we currently have isn't flawed. But that's a different topic. lol

Lurker.In.The.Night said:
Red meat makes it more likely you'll have a heart attack if you eat too much each day.

The only animal products I eat on a daily basis are egg whites and dairy. Oh, and honey. I rarely eat red meat. I mean, I made spaghetti bolognese sauce yesterday and will have to freeze a lot of it because it makes a lot. It'll last me a few months. Most of my daily protein comes from beans & legumes, egg white, low-fat/skim dairy or specifically whey protein (in smoothies).

cheaptrickfan said:
I could really go for some ribs. OMG. *sigh* I am such a failure as a vegan.

Come to the dark side. We have meat. Grilled meat.

Latest posts

Back