To all you people in the UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limlim

Reaction score
I keep seeing threads about all these lonely people in the UK. Here's an idea. GO MEET UP!

Seriously, it takes like 4 hours to drive from one end to the other of that dinky landmass, go do it already! :D

(Also if Annik and Purps wanna experiment with lesbianism in the process, they have my support on this as well)

Limlim said:
I keep seeing threads about all these lonely people in the UK. Here's an idea. GO MEET UP!

Seriously, it takes like 4 hours to drive from one end to the other of that dinky landmass, go do it already! :D

(Also if Annik and Purps wanna experiment with lesbianism in the process, they have my support on this as well)

Er I think we might just be slightly bigger than you think!

and wait who am I being a lesbian with?! What?! :D

Apparently the U.S. is about forty times the size of the U.K, or slightly smaller than the state Oregon over here. So other than a respectable train ride I don' t think it'd be that hard to get around if something was planned in advance. Of course... I wouldn't know having never been 'across the pond'. So feel feel to ignore this portion of my post. :)

But.. Not everyone here wants to rush out and meet people Limlim. Some of us are hermits and what not who came just for conversation or advice.

Hell if someone lived within walking distance of me I'd be reluctant to say the least to meet up for any reason. That's just me... I like my cave...:cool:

It takes my parents 6 hours to get to Cornwall from Manchester which isn't even the most northern part of England let alone the UK. I'm getting grumpy now! There's such a thing as traffic. Plus train fare costs a fortune. It was £26 for me to get to Leeds on 2 trains, takes about an hour and a half if its working with you and good luck getting a seat. Plus to London thats costing me what?...hang on I'll just mortgage the house...

End of rant.

FunkyBuddha said:
...a respectable train ride I don' t think it'd be that hard to get around if something was planned in advance. Of course... I wouldn't know having never been 'across the pond'. So feel feel to ignore this portion of my post. :)

annik said:
It takes my parents 6 hours to get to Cornwall from Manchester which isn't even the most northern part of England let alone the UK. I'm getting grumpy now! There's such a thing as traffic. Plus train fare costs a fortune. It was £26 for me to get to Leeds on 2 trains, takes about an hour and a half if its working with you and good luck getting a seat. Plus to London thats costing me what?...hang on I'll just mortgage the house...

End of rant.

:: continues digging hole ::

FunkyBuddha said:
FunkyBuddha said:
...a respectable train ride I don' t think it'd be that hard to get around if something was planned in advance. Of course... I wouldn't know having never been 'across the pond'. So feel feel to ignore this portion of my post. :)

annik said:

End of rant.

:: continues digging hole ::

Oh that's just general, not directed at you! Though the original post is a bit annoying I must say. :club:

I think we're looking at the wrong part of the original post here. Instead of focusing on who may or may not have been an ignorant thread maker (or perhaps a somewhat attractive poster who shall not be named). we should instead focus on his idea of lesbianism because hey, who doesn't think love is a good idea? Am I right? :D Love? Good? Not annoyed at the original poster? (don't look and see who it is, not important, some other dude who isn't me) Love? happy? yes? :)

Sorry, Limlim. It's not as easy as it sounds for some people just to get out there and start meeting people.

It's tormenting to be stuck in a rural and isolated area, away from everything ideal to you, especially when there aren't any like-minded people around you to meet. And your only friendships are a distant illusion. Five years ago, you told yourself "I've had enough of this place, I'm going to get myself together, save up some money and get away from here."

But five years pass by quickly, and you're still living the same dismal life, wasting away your youth, only dreaming of the places you want to be, the people you want to meet.

I support this thread, and wish I was in the UK so I could get in on the local, hot lesbian action.

FunkyBuddha said:
annik said:
Oh that's just general, not directed at you! Though the original post is a bit annoying I must say. :club:

:: stops digging ::

Limlim said:
we should instead focus on his idea of lesbianism

:: starts digging for Limlim ::

Yeah I'm just grumpy today. Plus it comes from being a big penpaller (thats not a word!) in my teens and having everyone think that anywhere in the UK was 5 minutes from London. Smiles :D

Ps. I pretty much have no idea what Limlim is on about...

FunkyBuddha said:
Maybe everyone let all those Top Gear races get to their heads and think it's super easy to just jet across a country? :p

He he yeah! A caravan normally gets destroyed on pretty much every trip I take too! :p

Well there goes my first impression, lucky for me I wasn't well known for my intellectually stimulating conversation in the first place.

Limlim said:
Well there goes my first impression, lucky for me I wasn't well known for my intellectually stimulating conversation in the first place.

Bullshit, you can discuss tacos like no one else (un)

I think the OP is insane.

Correction.

I know the OP is insane. But I love him anyways.

DreamerDeceiver said:
It's tormenting to be stuck in a rural and isolated area, away from everything ideal to you, especially when there aren't any like-minded people around you to meet...
Which isolated area are you in?

Knowing myself, I'd say yes for a local meetup, but in the last minute I would panic and stay in my closet.

But limlim's good

the question is whether annik is ready for purps. better not. women for men, please. sorry skuzzi, but I'm going to fight everyone who wants to spoil our locals

Latest posts

Back