To text or not to text?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Sir

I want to tell the Palestinian girl I like that there is a meeting on campus tomorrow night she'll be interested in. I feel like a stalker texting her. We're friendly acquaintences, and I could say after a couple more conversations we'll be legit friends. Any ideas?

Some cute looking babe gave me her phone number tonight and i didn't even have to ask for it,
actually she ask me for mine. I guess you can say I'm at least in the friendzone.

Life is totally freaken wierd. Why in the fresia is it that I can't be with the person I love very ,very much.
And of course when I go through this honeysuckle there's always other women coming into my life....
It's totally fucken retarded as if it's some kind of test.

Just text her...you'll go crazy if you don't.

Brian said:
I hate texting.

I love texting because I'm scared to death to talk to a girl on the phone. I don't know why, but virtual communication is so much easier for me.

Jesse said:
I love texting because I'm scared to death to talk to a girl on the phone. I don't know why, but virtual communication is so much easier for me.

OK, you got me in the spotlight there. It is way easier to text girls. I've done that a couple of times (being the only couple of girls' phone numbers I've ever had) because it's nice to be able to think before you say something and awkward silence doesn't really factor in because pauses are expected.

I guess what I meant is I just hate it because I put some blame on it with regard to the failure of this generation to develop proper communication abilities.

Brian said:
Jesse said:

OK, you got me in the spotlight there. It is way easier to text girls. I've done that a couple of times (being the only couple of girls' phone numbers I've ever had) because it's nice to be able to think before you say something and awkward silence doesn't really factor in because pauses are expected.

I guess what I meant is I just hate it because I put some blame on it with regard to the failure of this generation to develop proper communication abilities.

Hah there you go. I could very well have difficulty properly communicating because I grew up in a virtual world. It started with msn messenger.

Well she has obviously given you her number so you shouldnt feel like a stalker (unless you stole it from her facebook). Depends if you really like her, u are better off calling instead of texting, but if its awkward, a text never hurts. Either way, dont eat yourself up by not doing either.

Dude if she gave you her number then use it. Maybe ask if she prefers calling instead of texting. Just don't go overboard with the texting. Don't text her every morning at exactly 7. That will get old real fast. Just text her if you have something to say. Oh and don't say anything that you wuoldn't say face to face. Sounds like you are finally making it happen dude. Best of luck

Aedammair

Latest posts

Back