Trapped ... (Warning: May contain rants)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady X

Reaction score
I guess I just need to vent and let off a little steam cause I really feel like crap right now and I cant seem to pick up out of it tonight.

As some of you know, I am stuck in a job that I really hate. It's not really the job itself, its the place and the atmosphere and the stress, especially from some utterly unbearable people there. I genuinely don't know how I can handle that place any longer. I cannot afford to be signed off even though my doctor would want me to for anxiety and depression. Not to mention the effect such a sick record would have on my ability to get another job - so my only way out is to move jobs.

But... I've just sat here, as I do every evening, and looked and looked and looked for other jobs and there just isn't anything that I can do - I'm "over qualified" for basic jobs and under experienced for anything outside the industry I'm in, in which jobs are limited at the moment.

I just feel so trapped in a honeysuckle situation, and I can't see any way out. This place is making me really ill, but the more ill it makes me, the less chance I have of getting a new job. Its a pretty vicious circle I'm stuck in.

What doesn't help today I guess is the total kick in the teeth I got when an old friend text me today to ask me to hang out this weekend. I was pretty chuffed and text back asking when and where... and then heard nothing. I later found out that they text me by accident when going to text someone else. This wasn't someone I was very close to, and I don't know why I'm feeling the way I do but its just like someone ripped my guts out. Made me feel so stupid and embarrassed and I just can't shake off the thought of them, and possibly their friends, laughing at me for thinking they actually wanted to hang out with me.

And now I'm thinking I've just wasted an entire evening and soon it will be time to go to bed, and bed means the next thing I have to look forward to is going back to the soul-drain tomorrow.

Gah.... life, you really suck sometimes!

Rant over. Apologies - I just needed to vent

I'm sorry Lady X :( It's the worst to have to go to work every day and dread/resent people and bad attitude that you may get there :(

I'm SURE your friend didn't laugh at you :) You probably put them in an uncomfortable situation and they just decided not to make it more awkward.

Best of luck out there, you're a soldier :)

As some of you know, I am stuck in a job that I really hate. It's not really the job itself, its the place and the atmosphere and the stress, especially from some utterly unbearable people there.

I used to work in a similar environment, I thought the job was ok, but most of the people who worked there were idiots (backstabbers an gossipers) and the job itself was high pressure. I used to try and find things that made me feel better about it, thinking ahead to something I was looking forward to, or trying to appreciate the fact that I had a job, sometimes I'd spend more time daydreaming while working.

But... I've just sat here, as I do every evening, and looked and looked and looked for other jobs and there just isn't anything that I can do - I'm "over qualified" for basic jobs and under experienced for anything outside the industry I'm in, in which jobs are limited at the moment.

Jobs are rubbish at the moment, but it wont harm to check every so often, I'm pretty sure something'll come up with the right criteria.

I'm sure you feel the same about your job every time you go into work so I think those feelings are always there, it sounds like it was more about that mistaken invite you got; I've had something similar happen and it was very frustrating for me, it seems to be the straw that broke the camels back for you, unfortunately there's nothing you can do about that.

I've always found it better to think about the negative things going on in bits rather than as a whole, that way it's not as overwhelming.

maybe the people you don't like will leave soon.
Have you any holidays soon ?
Just count the days / weeks off before your next holiday.
That's what I do. I have 5 weeks before my next one.

If your job is that bad, just think about your next day off. Focus on that.

Bring your music player and earbuds, drown them out unless they absolutely need something :D

Oh gosh Lady X, I am feeling as miserable about my job as you are. For many other reasons but basically, just as miserable. Sighs... worse though, I'm stuck. I can't leave till another 1.5 years' time. I feel like I'm serving prison time really. Waiting to be released. :\

I'm so sorry though that you're going through this. :(
Please hang in there. *hugs*

I've experienced exactly what's expressed here- being stuck in a honeysuckle situation having your self esteem battered and feeling self worth slipping away can be soul destroying. Sometimes it becomes minute by minute self talk to convince yourself to not walk out the door or to get up and force yourself to go to work. Two+ years of it really affected me and, unfortunately, those close to me. Luckily it came to an end when I found something different (a new career actually) and the weight lifted from my shoulders was an incredible relief.

Many have told me it happened for a reason- I'm not sure what lesson I was supposed to learn from that experience other than a willingness to suffer to pay my bills. It's made me far more appreciative of what I do now.

Good luck to Ladies X and Forsaken, hope you find a way out of your situations soon.

I'm sorry you have to go through all this LadyX and the worst part is how its taking a toll on your health.

I can resonate with you on so many levels because I'm stuck like this too.I have really no words of wisdom to share, other than to say that I hope things improve for you, and like what some of the other member's have suggested, let's just take it one day at a time. And you can rant away as much as you want, and we'll be here to (hopefully) cheer you up and show support.

Hugs

Thank you WildernessWildChild, I'm serving my remaining time in my contract before I can bid farewell to my stressful job. I'm hanging in there! Let's do this, Lady X and Veruca!

Latest posts

Back