Trapped

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunless Sky

Reaction score
Ever feel trapped? Like you can't physically leave the house/room unless for food? Even then, you feel... Not right outside and can't wait to get back home?

I sometimes feel like that, like theres a magnetic force pulling me back.

I'm so sorry to hear this,no I can't say that I have ever felt this way before,is it like a panic attack?

Know all about that horrible level of anxiety. I used to use a very copious amount of alcohol or illicit drugs. For me personally, and I stress only me, I finally had to find professional help. And I was so adamant against that. But now, the falling pit in my stomach that happens when I need to leave is manageable. Not advocating that as a catch all, just relating my personal experience.

I used to be terrified of leaving my house. I would get massive panic attacks every time I even thought about having to leave the house, so I only left was it was absolutely necessary.

So yeah, I understand the feeling very well.

I used to be terrified of leaving my house. I would get massive panic attacks every time I even thought about having to leave the house, so I only left was it was absolutely necessary.

So yeah, I understand the feeling very well.
You said used to so, how did you get over it?

Know all about that horrible level of anxiety. I used to use a very copious amount of alcohol or illicit drugs. For me personally, and I stress only me, I finally had to find professional help. And I was so adamant against that. But now, the falling pit in my stomach that happens when I need to leave is manageable. Not advocating that as a catch all, just relating my personal experience.
That's very interesting. How did you get over your addiction, if you don't mind my asking?

You said used to so, how did you get over it?
Forced myself to do it anyway. Taught myself meditation. Focusing on your breathing can help a lot. If I felt a panic attack coming on, I would stop for a minute, close my eyes (depending on where I was) and just focus on my breathing until I calmed down. I would go back to my car or find a bathroom if it was too crowed to just stop where I was.

I won't lie, it took a while and it was slow, but I eventually got there. In my experience, you can't conquer a mountain if you don't step foot on the actual mountain.

Latest posts

Back