Trivia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With seahorses, it is the male who gives birth to the young - the female implants her eggs into the male's brood pouch, and he internally fertilises them. He then carries them internally until they are fully formed.

"I Wish It Would Rain", released December 21, 1967, is a 1968 hit single recorded by The Temptations.

The story of a heartbroken man who wants to hide his sorrow. His woman has just left him, and he wishes that it would start raining, to hide the tears falling down his face because "a man ain't supposed to cry."

Lyricist Penzabene had just found out his wife was cheating on him with another man. Unable to deal with the pain and unable to stop loving his wife, Penzabene expressed his pain in the lyrics of this song. The distraught Penzabene committed suicide on New Year's Eve 1967, about a week after the single's release.

Useless trivia!?

I INVENTED USELESS TRIVIA! (ask freya or wikipedia in 5 minutes when i change it to say that :D)

England have just won 6-0 against andorra, the team that has only 1 win in over 20 years of history...and that was against azebaijan away from there non-existant home stadium and it finished 1-0, it was also an own goal. :S

Anyway fresia andorra, glen johnson got 4 assists making this the first in the new wembley and the 5th in english football history (couuld be wrong about the 5th part...might be 3rd or something ugly and unrounded)

under fabio capellio, the 15 matches have made fabio the most successful manager via percentages

sir alf ramsey(sp? / my ******* hero) have about 70% probabilty of a english victory after about 150 games in charge, capello is just above 80% winning (i think) 13, drawing 1 and losing once against spain 2-0 AWAY from home and near the racist bastards called the spanish..

this makes england 10 points clear of ukraine (who made it to euro2008 AND the quarters of world cup 2006) and also croatia (semi-finalists of world cup 1998 before losing 2-1 in extra time to the hosts france) ALTHOUGH both have 1 game in hand

englands final 3 games are against both and belarus, a clean sheet would make it **** near impossible for england to fail to qualify for the 1st south african world cup

the africans this year will also be looking for abit of luck, since cameroon, nigeria and ivory coast have the record of getting the furthest in a world cup (quarter-finals stage), 1 african team will be desperate to make it to the semi-final stage

HOW'S THAT FOR USELESS ******* KNOWLEDGE!!!

It has been claimed that the Funk Brothers have "played on more number-one records than The Beatles, Elvis, The Rolling Stones, and The Beach Boys combined."

The Funk Brothers was the nickname given to a group of Detroit, Michigan session musicians who performed on the backing tracks to most Motown Records recordings from 1959 until 1972, when the company moved to Los Angeles. The Funk Brothers played on many major Motown hits such as "My Guy", "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", "Baby Love", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours", "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone", "The Tears of a Clown", and "(Love is Like a) Heat Wave".

Hal Blaine - session musician.

By Blaine's own estimate, he performed on 35,000 recorded tracks over in a quarter century's worth of work.

Blaine played on 6 consecutive Record of the Year winners:

1966 Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, for A Taste of Honey
1967 Frank Sinatra, for Strangers in the Night
1968 5th Dimension, for Up, Up and Away
1969 Simon & Garfunkel, for Mrs. Robinson
1970 5th Dimension970, for Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In
1971 Simon & Garfunkel in 1971 for Bridge Over Troubled Water.

"Barbara Ann" is a song written by Fred Fassert and performed by The Regents in 1961. The most famous cover version is by the American band The Beach Boys.

Brian Wilson and Dean Torrence, who had previously recorded the song as one half of Jan and Dean, are featured on lead vocals. Dean is not credited on the album jacket but "Thanks, Dean" is said by Carl at the end of the track.

During the hectic instrumental break, one of the singers can be heard shouting off-mike, "It's Hal and His Famous Ashtrays!". This is a reference to Hal Blaine, who was playing percussion at the session, and who accompanied this improvised song by drumming on a pair of overturned glass ashtrays.

Lightning is over 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun.

The ancient Egyptians recommended mixing half an onion with beer foam as a way of warding off death.

In France - Captain Sarret made the first parachute jump from an airplane in 1918.

Is a severed human head still conscious imediatelly after decapitation? This a report written by a doctor who assisted a guillotine execution in 1905 in France:

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck...
I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: 'Languille!' I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.
Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again.
It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.

EveWasFramed said:
Female pigs have 30 minute orgasms?
Of course at the end of it, they're still going to wind up as bacon.

Ha! :D

In ancient Athens, the penalty for cutting down an olive tree (they were regarded as sacred) was death.

The only time Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny ever appeared on screen together was in the film, Who framed Roger Rabbit?

This film is also the only time Donald Duck and Daffy Duck appear together.

Latest posts

Back