Trying new things...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heretostay

Reaction score
So I'm joining a triathlon club at my university. Im very nervous but also excited. i havent been in a pool since i was ten. today i went to a pool and tried to swim while breathing. its a lot harder then it looks. i tried for two hours and finally i swam one lap doing the breathing thing. lol. so im a little nervous because wednesday is the first practice and all i could do today was swim one lap successfully....but im doing this more to try and be social. I already told the coach im slow and out of shape and he said that was fine. i also told him i havent been in a pool since i was ten, but he didnt object to me coming.

im also going to a church tomorrow. i dont necessarily believe in god but the people seem to be really nice so im going to give it a shot. i like this church because the people have a lot of fun activities during the week and there's no drinking/partying involved. so just good clean fun. the church is three hours long but i like it because there's one meeting that is just for the women; which i never appreciated until i was married.

im also going to lunch with some of my husbands coworkers.

And i made a couple of friends in my bio class! yay for me :D

Sooooo...I have a big week ahead of me, but a good one i think :)

^_^ Awesome!

It sounds like you're really getting things moving and actively seeking new friends and acquaintances...that's great! :D Haha I've never been in a triathlon but I hope you do well!

----Steve

I haven't swam since I was 10 either!!

I need to re-learn though. I've been pretty apprehensive about it because I used to be scared of the water back then. But if I'm going to sail, or if I end up going Coast Guard, I need to know how.

Congrats on the triathlon thing though :) That includes cycling doesn't it? I love cycling.

Thanks guys :D

It does include cycling. Ive never done that either so it should be interesting.

but im nervous b/c the practice is going to be running outside...with the group...meaning im going to have to keep up with someone :( im very slow. i might be embarrassed...but at least i'll be doing something with someone other then my husband, which i havent done in four years!

Latest posts

Back