Turning 22 on Friday and I'm dreading it.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
Another year gone by and still no better off in the romance stakes than I was when I was born.

21 seemed like a landmark age, but 22 just seems kind of old, even though I know it's not really.

Anyone else know how I feel about birthdays? I just tend to treat them as normal days now.

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!! :D

HAHA! only 22! yer still a pup! :D

21 is a landmark. but bein 22s great! its one of those years in yer life you can just piss up a wall and do what ever and not regret it.

23 now, thats when you have to act serious and grown up. :p

CAS said:
Another year gone by and still no better off in the romance stakes than I was when I was born.

21 seemed like a landmark age, but 22 just seems kind of old, even though I know it's not really.

Anyone else know how I feel about birthdays? I just tend to treat them as normal days now.

I know exactly how you feel CAS.

I turn 20 on the 17th and I really can not be bothered with it at all.

These days I celebrate my birthday for literally a minute - in the morning my mother will come in and hand me a birthday card and a really nice present, there is a hug, I say "thank you" - and that's it; it's over and I get on with the rest of the day.

If anything I find my birthday depressing as I get older and realise I haven't progressed at all (only academically).

BTW wishing you happy birthday in advance :)

((((( HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! )))))

With all honesty, I dreaded my 20th birthday, and I am already dreading my 21st birthday next year.

However, I am not going to burden you in all of my glorious misery, and wish you for a good day at the least.

You deserve it.

:)

Happy Birthday! :) why does time go by so much faster when you get out of the teen years I cant believe how old I am already where did I waste all that time haha

RebeccaSarah33 said:
Happy Birthday! :) why does time go by so much faster when you get out of the teen years I cant believe how old I am already where did I waste all that time haha

I always think the same thing. Life has been wasted and the end is getting closer :'( lol

CAS said:

Try not to let your birthday serve as any kind of "accomplishment" marker. It's a lousy guide. If you let your age rush you into a romance, odds are you will be just as unhappy after you get there if your pushed into it.

22 is far from old.. no worries. You have lots of time still.
:) hell, i'm 30 and single and still believe i have plenty of time to find a significant other

Mr/Ms right is worth waiting for. Whats the rush?

That aside a very
Happy birthday to you Cas!

Don't worry I dread my birthdays every year as well so I know how you feel. I tend to treat them the same way as if they are nothing special because I have never really amounted to anything.But enough of that gloom and doom.

Happy birthday and the best of wishes to you I hope you enjoy your day :)!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY XD

Getting older and older is dreadful, since by getting older people getting more knowing that the world is ugly. Furthermore, getting older equals to getting more burden than the younger ones.
But, if there's someone who celebrate it for you, it'll sound really fun :D since you'll know that there's someone who care about your being.
wish you get your hope in life, CAS ;)

Latest posts

Back